FWB 600 rear sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ranb

FWB 600 rear sight

Post by Ranb »

I bought a FWB 600 a while back; it needed work and was without sights. Our youth rifle team gunsmith replaced the seals so it now shoots Meisterkugeln 7 grain pellets into a single hole at 10 meters. It has a Gehmann front sight and a Kimber rear sight for now. I'm looking for a FWB 600 series rear sight as the Kimber sight is a bit long on the base and I might need more eye relief on the sight in the future.

I've yet to find any FWB rear sight that is compatible with the 600 series for sale on the internet. The 300s rear sight I have is too low and cannot adjust high enough. I tried a riser block (10 mm I think) but this made the FWB 300 sight too high. The shortest riser block I can find is 8.5 mm and I think this would still be too high. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ranb
peashooter

Re: FWB 600 rear sight

Post by peashooter »

I used a Gehman Compact on my 602 - worked fine.
Ranb

Post by Ranb »

Thank you.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Ranb wrote: . The 300s rear sight I have is too low and cannot adjust high enough. I tried a riser block (10 mm I think) but this made the FWB 300 sight too high. The shortest riser block I can find is 8.5 mm and I think this would still be too high. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ranb
I reckon the FWB 300 sight set is about 5mm lower than modern Anschutz sights due to the proprietary 300 taper pin front sight mounting. Pair of adjustable risers may be an idea.
Ranb

Post by Ranb »

The riser I tried was 8.2mm. I'll probably stick with the Kimber rear sight and put a Gehmann adjustable iris on it.

Ranb