Anschutz 9015 ONE stock or precise

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Which stock do you prefer?

ONE
22%
Precise
78%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 9

Hotshot2013

Anschutz 9015 ONE stock or precise

Post by Hotshot2013 »

Hi all,
I am planning on getting an air rifle in the near future, and I have set my sights on the Anschutz 9015. There are multiple stock options, but I have narrowed down my options to the ONE stock or the precise stock. So I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either of these stocks? My main concerns are with the rigidity and durability of the ONE stock, so I was hoping someone might be able to speak to that. What do you guys think?
Piefou

Re: Anschutz 9015 ONE stock or precise

Post by Piefou »

I would recommend the Precise stock.

More classical than the ONE (less headache with tuning and range officer), and top engineered.

You can find some feedbacks on the ONE here by using the search form :)
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
ZD

Post by ZD »

I would also recommend the precise stock. I don't have any experience with the 9003 precise; but I do shoot a 1907 in an Anschutz precise stock, and I love it. The stock balances well, and the cheekpiece adjustment has got to be one of the best out there for rifle stocks; fine adjustment for both the up and down and left and right. As for the ONE stock, I have never handled one in person so perhaps I am missing something. However, I spent some time looking at pictures of it on Pyramid Air (which has great diagrams on it), and it looks like a nightmare to adjust, and seems to just look odd. If someone has experience with the ONE stock their opinion would be far more valid then mine, but coming from someone who loves to tinker with adjustments, I would prefer a stock that is easy to work on, esp. in position. The precise in my mind fits that category.

-Zach
Hotshot2013

Post by Hotshot2013 »

Thanks for both of your replies! You both make very good points. I also have my smallbore rifle bedded in a precise stock, and love it in slung positions, especially. In offhand I was thinking the adjustment of the one stock may allow for the gun to be closer to my chest without contact which I found difficult when I had a 9003.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

I was very intrigued by the design of the "one" stock. Had advantages over other stocks i thought. What problems do others see with it? Why would range officers not like it?
Thanks!
Hotshot2013

Post by Hotshot2013 »

I picked up my new air rifle, and I decided to go with the one stock because it did have several adjustments that I felt would be helpful. I also liked the feel of both the palm rest and the butt plate much more. This stock doesn't look like other stocks being used so I am anticipating that it may get more attention from range officers for the time being, and may also cause equipment check to take a little longer. However, the rifle fitting me more accurately will be of much greater benefit than these possibilities. It was true that the screws that were used were not the best quality and they were too tight when I received them, so I will be sure to have an extra set on me to replace any screws that look worn.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Go grab a tube of "Super Lube" synthetic grease. The 3oz P/N is 21030.
Search on Amazon and you will find multiple vendors.
I take care of about 6 club guns and 3 personal and I've barely used any of the tube in the last 5 years.

We use a ---touch--- of this on the screws on all our guns ... especially the stainless.
Also a good bolt lube ... again a touch ....
Also a great o-ring lube for your airguns ... this time about a 1/3 of a touch.

Then go to your local machine parts store and buy a variety of the screws used on your gun. Unless you are into pretty stay away from the stainless and get the 10.9 grade (black). The you can get back to standard hex heads and away from those STUPID Torx.

It's not just Anschutz, Walther has the stainless as well ... I've already had to extract 2 bolts stripped in a less than month old rifle. (OK ... I'll add --- IMHO) Stainless screws should never be used on a part of the gun that is adjusted a lot ... i.e. a 3-P gun. Not everyone can afford multiple buttplates and anything you have to change a lot, just go and replace the stainless. You're going to have to eventually, best to do it at your leasure and not try to adjust a stripped out head during a match.
Grade 10.9 bolts are manufactured using medium carbon steel, medium carbon steel alloy and low carbon boron steel that has been quenched and tempered. Used in automotive applications and for bolting large and forged parts, 10.9 bolts exhibit high tensile strength and good wear resistance.
Oh ... and BTW ... the EC folks and ROs have seen plenty of ONE stocks ... not a surprise to them anymore