New NRA Director of Competions Named

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hap Rocketto

New NRA Director of Competions Named

Post by Hap Rocketto »

From the NRA’s Josh Powell:

We are happy to announce the hiring of Cole McCulloch, from the Peacemaker National Training Center as the NRA’s Director of Competitive Shooting. He is well versed in the traditional shooting disciplines that are the cornerstone of the NRA and is an active participant in many new shooting competitions. Cole is a multi-discipline competition shooter, firearms trainer and long-range hunter, and is also the founder of the NRA World Shooting Championship and lead instructor of the NRA Defensive Handgun Academy, the NRA Precision Long Range Shooting School and the NRA Practical Hunting & Rifle School.

Cole is a graduate of Virginia Tech and served his country as an active duty Marine spending time in the infantry and as a member of the Marine Corps Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team (FAST Co.).

Cole is very aware of the imminent challenges we face as an Association in the competitions arena and is ready to dive in and work to help find solutions. Please join me in congratulating Cole and welcoming him.
Rover

Re: New NRA Director of Competions Named

Post by Rover »

Educated, a Marine, and crazy! My kinda guy! I'm all for him.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Is this effective immediately? If so, was Dennis Willing fired; did he quit or retire? If not, then when is it effective?
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Paul,

Willing has been gone for a few weeks and so why is moot, I guess.

It looks like an immediate appointment. My concern is that he is from the action shooting side of the house. I think that is what NRA leadership believes to be the direction membership whishes to travel.

Ron Zerr posted on the Bullseye Forum that we all have a chance if he remembers the following five rules:

1. Do not lie to us.
2. Provide support in order to maintain and even expand NRA competitive shooting.
3. Mend relationships with other shooting organizations for the betterment of all.
4. Demonstrate the positive values that competitive shooting has for the Nation, our youth, and the general membership of the NRA.
5. Do not lie to others.

The last few years have been rough for the traditional bull's-eye shooting sports but the NRA BOD reiterated its support of competitive shooting at the Annual Meeting.

He has a tough row to hoe to regain the competitors' trust in the organization.

His first move should be to fill the many empty positions in Competitions with competent people.

We will see.

Best,

Hap
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Hap
I wish I was capable of your level of optimism.
Regards
Ken
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Kenny,

I am not optimistic. I am in a wait and see mode.

Best,

Hap
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Talk is cheap guys.

I assume the crap about the CMP taking over the smallbore and highpower and moving them back to Perry was as I suspected at the time an April Fools joke.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Does anyone have an email address for Cole McCulloch? I came across a vendor who has interest in supporting Bullseye at a national level.

Chip
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

I really do hope that as mentioned, the NRA can have better relationships with other pro-gun groups, and devote more attention to the older, traditional, precision, type shooting sports. I see so few younger folks at matches I go to. Same with Silhouette matches. Mostly all older guys. All smaller crowds in general.

Reading through gun magazines, and NRA literature, it seems to me that all the focus goes to the action type sports. Those competitions are fine if that's what you're into, but it'd be nice to see at least a nod now and then towards the rest. Doesn't seem to happen, except a blurb that comes out around Camp Perry time.
Last edited by Joe58 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Thank you!

Chip
Buckeye

Post by Buckeye »

Roger Goodell will soon announce that all future Super Bowls will be contested in the Makopanong village in eastern Lesotho, so don't feel bad smallbore and highpower shooters
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Joe I like what you said except that it is not "Camp Perry time" anymore. It's BF Indiana time.
Mike Carter

Post by Mike Carter »

Buckeye wrote:Roger Goodell will soon announce that all future Super Bowls will be contested in the Makopanong village in eastern Lesotho, so don't feel bad smallbore and highpower shooters
He also said the Super Bowl will now only last for 3 quarters instead of the traditional 4, due to the fact league officials need more time to prepare for the after game parties.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Mike Carter wrote:
Buckeye wrote:Roger Goodell will soon announce that all future Super Bowls will be contested in the Makopanong village in eastern Lesotho, so don't feel bad smallbore and highpower shooters
He also said the Super Bowl will now only last for 3 quarters instead of the traditional 4, due to the fact league officials need more time to prepare for the after game parties.
...and moving the Super Bowl would only be temporary for 2 years because the World Lawn Mowing Championships needed to be conducted at the previously selected stadium. The first year required that the grass be conditioned and everything ironed out for such an incredible event, with the second year being the actual mow-fest. As promised, would move back....
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

1813benny wrote:
Mike Carter wrote:
...and moving the Super Bowl would only be temporary for 2 years because the World Lawn Mowing Championships needed to be conducted at the previously selected stadium. The first year required that the grass be conditioned and everything ironed out for such an incredible event, with the second year being the actual mow-fest. As promised, would move back....