What reddot did Zins use at Perry?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Jon Eulette

Re: What reddot did Zins use at Perry?

Post by Jon Eulette »

Slide will travel to rear during recoil and ejection port is not blocked by the mount.
Jon
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Jon Eulette wrote:Slide will travel to rear during recoil and ejection port is not blocked by the mount.
Jon
Yes, I can see that. But why have it on the right side at all?
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

Gets the scope lower to bore line. That's why :)
It's not in the way.
Jon
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Jon Eulette wrote:Gets the scope lower to bore line. That's why :)
It's not in the way.
Jon
Why is that? I have David Sams frame mounts on my guns. They attach to the dust cover on the left side, and are pretty darn close to the bore.

In case of a jammed round, I really dont like the idea of a scope mount covering the ejection port. It just seems like the least good way to do a low profile frame mount. You opinion may differ but I would like to get some technical details on why a right side frame mount allows you to have the scope closer to the bore line. Im not seeing it, in my head.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

The scope is rotated 90 degrees moving the scope as low as possible over the slide. Probably only 1/8" to 3/16" lower than Dave's mount. Notice nothing between the scope and the slide. Dave's has a mount between slide and scope.
Jon
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

Isabel1130 wrote:Shouldn't that be on the other side of the gun? And not blocking the ejection port? It might not interfere, but still, all my frame mounts are attached from the other side.
If the optic was mounted that way the optic would be looking at you . . . or the knob would be under the dot. That would make adjustments difficult.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

SPPcoach wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:Shouldn't that be on the other side of the gun? And not blocking the ejection port? It might not interfere, but still, all my frame mounts are attached from the other side.
If the optic was mounted that way the optic would be looking at you . . . or the knob would be under the dot. That would make adjustments difficult.
I understand that part now. Everything is a trade off. This is one, I wouldn't care to make for a scope closer to the bore line by an eighth or 3/16 of an inch.

If the price ever comes down a lot on aimpoints I might consider it, but without several modifications I find them difficult to deal with. At one point I owned three of them. The factory mount and screws were totally inadequate and I wouldn't shoot one at Perry or Canton without tube extensions for the rain.

Nice scope but not worth double or triple what an Ultradot cost. I also had some issues with Aimpoint's
Customer service.

Im sure when Zins calls them, they pick up the phone.... :-)
davekp

Post by davekp »

I spoke to the AMU armorer at the Dixie regional 2 weeks ago and he said they are using the Aimpoint 9000 pretty much exclusively.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

davekp wrote:I spoke to the AMU armorer at the Dixie regional 2 weeks ago and he said they are using the Aimpoint 9000 pretty much exclusively.

Yes, a much better scope than the Micro in my opinion. If money were no object probably what I would be using as well.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

I use 3 micros and 1 9000sc. I find no difference in quality just size of view. The 9000 is quite heavy. AMU uses full power match jhp ammunition. For softer loads the 9000 might be a problem. I have no parallax issues with either scope they are both perfectly on call at 50 yds.
Jon
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Jon Eulette wrote:I use 3 micros and 1 9000sc. I find no difference in quality just size of view. The 9000 is quite heavy. AMU uses full power match jhp ammunition. For softer loads the 9000 might be a problem. I have no parallax issues with either scope they are both perfectly on call at 50 yds.
Jon
maybe its the slide weight they enjoy? a nice chugging
Wsuman

Post by Wsuman »

These mounts are fantastically elegant and make so much sense to me.

I’m convinced it’s time to get out of the UD rail mount on my Pardini.

Is anyone making Aimpoint mounts this low for other platforms than 1911s?

Walt
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Wsuman wrote:Is anyone making Aimpoint mounts this low
KC Crawford sells the Kodiak Machine mount that's pretty darn low and pretty darn nice. I have the regular model, for Picatinny-type rails, with a different center screw it fits Weavers too. About 1/4" lower than the stock Aimpoint base it replaces.

The Pardini model shows out of stock, but KC is very responsive and helpful.

https://kcskustomcreations.com/product/ ... ini-mount/