FWB 601 - Can it be updated to dry fire?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Shooterer

FWB 601 - Can it be updated to dry fire?

Post by Shooterer »

I have been looking for a FWB 602 or 603 to practice off hand shooting. I have been focused on those models because of the dry fire capabilities.

I have come across a few for sale, but if i'm going to drop 1k for a 20 year old BB gun, I want it do me cosmetically appealing to me (think work of art) and all the ones I have seen for sale have had the veneer layers sanded through during the manufacturing process and look "blotchy" (to me).

I have seen many 601 for sale at 2/3 the cost that have beautiful looking stocks (to me) and I was wondering if the trigger mechanisms could be updated to allow dry firing.

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work of supporting the shooting sports.

Jim
Mtl_Biker

Re: FWB 601 - Can it be updated to dry fire?

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Shooterer wrote:I have been looking for a FWB 602 or 603 to practice off hand shooting. I have been focused on those models because of the dry fire capabilities.

I have come across a few for sale, but if i'm going to drop 1k for a 20 year old BB gun, I want it do me cosmetically appealing to me (think work of art) and all the ones I have seen for sale have had the veneer layers sanded through during the manufacturing process and look "blotchy" (to me).

I have seen many 601 for sale at 2/3 the cost that have beautiful looking stocks (to me) and I was wondering if the trigger mechanisms could be updated to allow dry firing.

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work of supporting the shooting sports.

Jim
Can't tell you for sure, but I had a 602 and a friend the 601, and he ended up selling it only because of the lack of dry-fire. I don't know though how thoroughly he investigated his options, but he's a real competent gun guy and I believe if it could have been modified, he would have done so.

The 602 is what got me terribly hooked on competitive 10 meter shooting and I ended up selling it and getting a PCP, the FWB 800 Evolution Top because having to put the 602 down to cock it really disrupts your stance/hold/inner balance, etc. Being able to rest the rifle on a rifle stand simply to load while keeping your shoulder weld and your balance/foot position intact makes a great difference in your shooting.

Of course, if you're not interested in competing with other it really makes no difference. The 602 is a fabulous gun.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

I have a 601 to which was added dry fire capacity by Pilkguns. jamesestormmd@yahoo.com
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

I have a 601 to which was added dry fire capacity by Pilkguns. jamesestormmd@yahoo.com