Quiet quality pellet trap in US

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Finelld

Re: Quiet quality pellet trap in US

Post by Finelld »

Thank everyone for all of your suggestions.

Target-Air finally got back with me and I have placed my order. In the mean time, I had built a frame to hold the slightly smaller targets for my old trap. I had purchased a trap locally that I had intended to use but it became dented with my standard 480fps pistol. I considered this a safety hazard so I disposed of it. It was rated for pellets at that velocity though. I was very surprised. I am currently shooting so much that the boxes of rags etc wouldn't work because I would be going thru rags and cardboard boxes left and right. I also don't like mickey mouse solutions.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Best Regards,

David Finell
Rover

Post by Rover »

You CAN'T shoot through a box of rags unless you put in too few. As you shoot the pellets build up into a solid lump that will stop everything. The more you shoot, the more "bullet-proof" it becomes.

It seems to me the solution is more "elegant" than Mickey Mouse.
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

Is the Target Air trap essentially a heavier duty version of the Gamo trap sized for standard targets?
Finelld

Post by Finelld »

Gammo makes several traps. This is a cone style trap built with 3mm steel. It is an extremely heavy duty. Target-Air makes two sizes of this trap. One is a 14cm version. I suspect this is the standard size for rifle targets. The one I ordered is the 17cm version which is the proper size for the kruger ISSF 10M AP targets.

I think I posted a link to the product when I started this thread. Check them out. They seem to make some really nice very heavy duty products.

Best Regards,

David Finell
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

I looked at the photo, and it looked exactly like my old Gamo trap.

That old Gamo trap was made from thinner steel which was not a real problem except for the deflector at the back. The deflector would deform from hits from a 480 fps air pistol, and eventually shots would bounce back to the shooter.

The old Gamo trap I had would only fit Gamo targets which were not standard 10m targets.

Looks like this is a much more rugged version and the target fixture in the from holds standard targets