Anschutz 9015 Club VS Junior Air Cylinder

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mike Carter

Anschutz 9015 Club VS Junior Air Cylinder

Post by Mike Carter »

The Anschutz 9015 Air Rifle action is sold with a sizeable quantity of options.
For our high school team we are contemplating the Club and the Junior.
With all things being equal the only differences I see are the butt plate and the air cylinder.
On the Club model you get a rubber butt plate where on the Junior you get the more readily adjustable aluminum butt plate.
On the Club you get the longer 16.92" cylinder versus the Junior that is equipped with a 11.41" long cylinder.
Beyond that the actions, triggers, sights, and stocks are identical.

So the question becomes the shot count with the smaller air tube.
Does anyone know how many shots could be released while using the smaller tube before velocity begins to fall?
I am assuming it was made for 3-P Air rifle shooting where they probably discharge 90-100 pellets.

Kind regards,
Mike Carter
turtlehead

Re: Anschutz 9015 Club VS Junior Air Cylinder

Post by turtlehead »

I feel that the shot count is not going to be a problem as much as the rifle adjustability will be. Are you filling from scuba tanks? If so, how many shooters and how many tanks do you have and how are you filling the scuba tanks.

The adjustability is always a concern when dealing with various body sized shooters. Our rifle team is always looking to upgrade the lower level rifles to be able to adjust more. Not too much of a problem if a parent is a machinist (will save a bunch of money) or if you're a school team with a nicely tooled shop class, butt plates are a great project for teaching to become a machinist.

Once again, even with a longer cylinder, it will have to be topped off after each course of fire, whether it be 3p or international.

Good luck to your team
maikata

Post by maikata »

We fill from scuba. We refill our own scuba tanks with a Nardi pump system.

The quantity of adjustments is a factor but not for this specific scenario.
The stocks are identical with the exception of the butt plate and the air cylinder volume.
The difference in price between an upgrade to the butt plate versus and upgrade to the air cylinder is what is driving the question.
Hence, the need to know how many shots one could expect to get from the shorter air cylinder.
If the volume is sufficient to shoot a 60 shot 3PAR match with no need to recharge then it's pretty easy to choose the Junior.
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

Go for the heavier version :)
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

The jr size cylinders easily shoot a 60 shot match. That said i would choose heavier every time unless i was chosing for a very small shooter
Johnny B

Post by Johnny B »

Our team uses the Junior rifle and it holds more than enough pressure for a 3P 60+ shot relay.