Steyr LP2 compact cocking lever issue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
aceroculus

Steyr LP2 compact cocking lever issue

Post by aceroculus »

Hello everyone,
I am having an issue with the cocking lever.
When I try and put the lever all the way down to fire, the lever seems loose since sometimes it slips up in between the dry-fire and fire symbols.

Is there supposed to be a click when the lever is put into firing position?
How do I go about fixing this issue?

I have added photos that show the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

argus

Re: Steyr LP2 compact cocking lever issue

Post by argus »

Video is for LP10 but concept should be similar for LP2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyjqpemief4

****Edit****
Please see posts below by pbrejsa, the video above seems not to apply to LP2.
Last edited by argus on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

to lock try to screw part number 52, see pics
you will need the good allen key size 1.5 mm
Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (11.33 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
01.jpg
01.jpg (15.15 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

pbrejsa wrote:to lock try to screw part number 52, see pics
you will need the good allen key size 1.5 mm
NOPE.

Play the Barrel Adjustment video posted by Argus. This is the right procedure for adjusting screws (pt 44) for proper pressure against the cocking lever..
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

you're off. This problem has been solved at a few LP2s.
Sorry LP2 is not LP10 !!!
When it fails setting slotted screw moving, it can replace the cocking lever Nr 95.
aceroculus

Post by aceroculus »

Thank you everyone for the help.

I have tried both methods. It seems that tigtening the setting slotted screw slightly worked in making the cocking lever stay down and not slip up.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

Of course. After settling I recommend to use a few the Loctite 243
hundert

Post by hundert »

yeah, first un-tighten the left screw, then tighten the right 44 screw, after you're happy with the force, you tighten the left 44 screw
jaxontarget

Post by jaxontarget »

I'm having a similar issue with my LP2 that just started this evening. In my case the cocking lever goes fully down,even clicks down normally, but when the trigger is pulled I only get a dry-fire release. I have 175bar in the cylinder. This just started happening after 30+shots without a hiccup. Can anyone tell me where to start? I think I have the manual as a download somewhere but no hard copy.
j-team

Post by j-team »

jaxontarget wrote:I'm having a similar issue with my LP2 that just started this evening. In my case the cocking lever goes fully down,even clicks down normally, but when the trigger is pulled I only get a dry-fire release. I have 175bar in the cylinder. This just started happening after 30+shots without a hiccup. Can anyone tell me where to start? I think I have the manual as a download somewhere but no hard copy.
Check the screw that hold the little lever that block the striker for dry fire (that's part 40 on that pic above). I've had that come loose and you get dry fire when it's supposed to be live fire.
jaxontarget

Post by jaxontarget »

j-team wrote:
jaxontarget wrote:I'm having a similar issue with my LP2 that just started this evening. In my case the cocking lever goes fully down,even clicks down normally, but when the trigger is pulled I only get a dry-fire release. I have 175bar in the cylinder. This just started happening after 30+shots without a hiccup. Can anyone tell me where to start? I think I have the manual as a download somewhere but no hard copy.
Check the screw that hold the little lever that block the striker for dry fire (that's part 40 on that pic above). I've had that come loose and you get dry fire when it's supposed to be live fire.

Thanks, j-team. I removed the barrel and gently pushed through the pellet from the breach end with a cleaning rod. I thought the rear screw for the barrel felt loose on removing it. I tightened it first as instructed above for the LP10. Then tightened the front. Now it fires normally...so it may have just been a matter of that rear screw coming loose (?). I will also check the screw you suggest. Thanks.