confirmation of entry

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ltdave

confirmation of entry

Post by Ltdave »

i guess last year, Alex Szablewski sent confirmation emails once registration was received of those kids coming to Junior Olympics...

i scanned/emailed my daughter's information twice (from work) but havent gotten any kind of confirmation that its where it needs to be....

it sure would be nice to know that everything was received...
jhmartin

Re: confirmation of entry

Post by jhmartin »

I'm sure it was ... he may be busy or off in the boonies for a while. Gotta remember, he is the only person in competitions now ... so he handles all the R, P & SG.
This is called being drastically overworked ... I wish him well, but this is not a good position for USAS to put him in.
There is "Peter Principle" written all over the staff assignments.

For your own peace of mind, just keep a copy and bring it w/you.

They can easily fix a mixup at registration if necessary. (I think he's just swamped)
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

jhmartin wrote:I'm sure it was ... he may be busy or off in the boonies for a while. Gotta remember, he is the only person in competitions now ... so he handles all the R, P & SG.
This is called being drastically overworked ... I wish him well, but this is not a good position for USAS to put him in.
There is "Peter Principle" written all over the staff assignments.

For your own peace of mind, just keep a copy and bring it w/you.

They can easily fix a mixup at registration if necessary. (I think he's just swamped)
i did NOT know he was the only person in competition. thanks for the heads up!

not sure what P, R & SG are but ill take your word for it lol...

know full well about being over worked. happening EVERYWHERE...

only concern with "bringing a copy with me" is if the registration didnt make it in, then the daughter's spot being given over to a 2nd invite. and there being no room on the line. (i wanted to say "...no room at the inn:" but shes not staying in the dorm and dont want to confuse anyone)

thanks JH!
tstamey

Post by tstamey »

Rifle
Pistol
Shot Gun
turtlehead

Post by turtlehead »

I actually called Alex today and confirmed my daughters spots. I asked how he preferred the confirmation. He said phone call, or email. You can then send your paperwork in. But if you wanna stay on the campus, send right away due to it being 1st come 1st serve. Yes, he is extremely busy right now. Pitty the poor fellow.
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

Got the email i was waiting for, yesterday...

he certainly must be busier than a bee....