Labradar

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Zipp0

Re: Labradar

Post by Zipp0 »

I haven't but I saw a youtube video which compared a traditional chronograph vs the labradar and the results jived. According to the manual, V0 is the distance of the muzzle to the unit.

There is another matter which is worth considering in that it is easy to interpret what is happening in human terms rather than in processing cycles. A 2GHz processor goes through 2,000,000 cycles while a 900fps bullet travels 1 foot, which is 166,000 per inch and 6,600 per mm travel, so in human terms it is very fast - but the processor gets extremely bored waiting for the bullet to move and probably slices the transit of the bullet into a series of static timed snapshots and calculates the velocity at its leisure.. The system is licensed for 24GHz radios, so there is ample time to do the calcs and write the data to the SD card (probably the slowest part of the process).

That said - I am a tech guy and easily seduced by electronics and processors and so lean towards the latest stuff.

All I can say is that it is easy to use and the data is presented beautifully and I have every reason to believe it is correct (and jives with quickload)