Tesro Jackets?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mtl_Biker

Tesro Jackets?

Post by Mtl_Biker »

Does anyone have experience with Tesro shooting jackets? Worth considering?

There are three models which my budget could handle but their website is very skimpy on the specs of the jackets, particularly what the differences are between the models.

I'm looking at the Basic, Basic II, and the Pro.

Any thoughts on these?
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
twisted

Re: Tesro Jackets?

Post by twisted »

My son tried on a few Tesro jackets a couple years back at the Air Gun grand Prix in Toronto. To me, the Tesro pro looked similar in quality to the Anschutz match jacket. Most likely made in the same plant as I'm sure Tesro isn't making these jackets on their own in Canada. I think it's a comparable jacket at the price point.

It looks like your only a couple hours away. Why not take a trip over for a fitting?

In the end, we ended up going with a Thune pro hybrid for what it's worth.
Mtl_Biker

Post by Mtl_Biker »

twisted wrote:My son tried on a few Tesro jackets a couple years back at the Air Gun grand Prix in Toronto. To me, the Tesro pro looked similar in quality to the Anschutz match jacket. Most likely made in the same plant as I'm sure Tesro isn't making these jackets on their own in Canada. I think it's a comparable jacket at the price point.

It looks like your only a couple hours away. Why not take a trip over for a fitting?

In the end, we ended up going with a Thune pro hybrid for what it's worth.
Thank you for your comments about the jacket.

I DID email Tesro and said I'd like to compare the three different jackets that they offered (in my budget range) and that I'd like to try a size 52 or possibly 54. They said I should come visit them. And two days later I was there (after arranging it with them). And to my disappointment they had NOTHING THERE in size 52 or size 54 for me to try. Wasted 2.5 hours EACH WAY for nothing. Even though I'd told them the purpose of my visit would be to try size 52/54. SIGH Very unlikely that I'll attempt another visit to them.

So for the time being I don't have a shooting jacket. I really hesitate to order something mail order without first making sure that I like the jacket and being sure it fits. Thune is certainly highly regarded, but again without being sure of the size I need I'm reluctant to place an order.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sporter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Weihrauch HW50S .22
twisted

Post by twisted »

Pm headed your way