Newbie has questions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

lee_stu1

Newbie has questions

Post by lee_stu1 »

Hello everyone, I am just getting started with airguns, PCP style. I haven't a clue what I'm doing. Would anyone happen to live in San Jose, California or anywhere in the Bay Area? I'd would appreciate it if you had time to meet at a Starbucks to go over a couple of questions. Meanwhile I'll look into YouTube to see what I need to be doing, what to get when it comes to an air tank and stuff. I know its a long shot.
Thank you,
lee_stu1
Last edited by lee_stu1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TenMetrePeter

Re: Newbie has questions

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Personally I wouldn't post my phone number or any other personal details such as email address where several billion people and countless automated web crawlers can see it. You can edit it out now.
(Edit: I see you have done that now!)
I wouldnt meet strangers for coffee and I would just do some basic google research on the subject.
No doubt you'll get written advice here if you have specific questions about the kit.
Just oldie to newbie advice.
Last edited by TenMetrePeter on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you're completely ignorant, start looking for a SSP such as a Walther LGR. That way you won't have dropped a bundle on something expensive yet inappropriate.

You could contact Conradin by PM. He lives in your vicinity.
Rhysatkins

Post by Rhysatkins »

Maybe not so helpful to the specifics of air gun operation but this is a really fantastic book.

http://shop.mec-shot.com/buch-air-rifle ... ec_shop_de
R&B

Post by R&B »

lee_stu1 wrote:Hello everyone, I am just getting started with airguns, PCP style. I haven't a clue what I'm doing. Would anyone happen to live in San Jose, California or anywhere in the Bay Area? I'd would appreciate it if you had time to meet at a Starbucks to go over a couple of questions. Meanwhile I'll look into YouTube to see what I need to be doing, what to get when it comes to an air tank and stuff. I know its a long shot.
Thank you,
lee_stu1
Hello lee_stu1, I'm in the SF Bay Area. I'm new to air gunning as well. It is not too difficult to figure out. There is a wealth of information on this forum. I'm sure many of your questions can be answered quite easily here. This like most other sports is not rocket science. You need to figure out where you are going first. If you haven't figured out what disciplines are practiced this your first course of action. Nothing worse than not having a direction. You spend too much time and money and will be very frustrated with the results/sport. I sell sporting equipment for a living so I see everyday! If you don't have a destination any road will get you there ;-) .

You might try attending an event. Diablo Gun & Rod in Concord Ca. usually has air gun events twice a month on Sundays. Most clubs welcome new blood. This is also a great way to figure what you might want to do with the sport of air gunning. They host mostly Field Target and Silhouette events. They don't do much 10 meter stuff. Here is a link to the next event" https://diablorodandgun.com/event/air-g ... e_id=12372. If 10 meter (Olympic Style) shooting is what you are interested in contact The the San Leandro Rifle & Pistol Range. They host a 600x league for air guns and rim fire guns.

When it comes to your equipment always try and contact the people who make it No body knows more about Anschutz air guns than......... Anschutz engineers and technicians. Always read & understand the manual!!. If it is from a quality manufacturer there is plenty of support from either an authorized dealer or direct. Hopefully you purchased equipment from and authorized dealer. Buying used equipment for someone with no experience is often a mistake. Again I see it every day. Be careful with YouTube!

-Cheers
-R&B
lee_stu1

Post by lee_stu1 »

Thank you everyone for your help. Looking forward to better weather.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Lee
Just sent you a PM.