rear sight adjustment question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ed333

rear sight adjustment question

Post by Ed333 »

Are the rear sights on all of the European make PCP pistols the same as the foreign-made air rifles, i.e., do they adjust with reference to where the group is, not where you want the group to move to? So that if your group is to the left you would turn the rear sight to the 'marked' left?
What about the sights on Izzies?
Houngan

Re: rear sight adjustment question

Post by Houngan »

I can say that the Steyr moves with reference to the shot location, i.e. If you hit high, you click towards H. A friend has a Walther CO2 gun that moves the same. The IZH moves the opposite, if you click to the R, the POI moves right.
Gort

Post by Gort »

Search "sight adjustment values" From MIT, all values are clockwise.
Gort
Ed333

Post by Ed333 »

Gort wrote:Search "sight adjustment values" From MIT, all values are clockwise.
Gort
Sorry Gort, I am not following...do not undestand reference to MIT, searched the three word phrase with disparate results....??? I may be somewhat techno-challenged :)
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just move the rear sight in the direction you want the pellet to go. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to determine that. When you've done that, write it on the grip where you can read it.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote:Just move the rear sight in the direction you want the pellet to go. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to determine that. When you've done that, write it on the grip where you can read it.
Couldn't agree more.

Just fire a few shots then move the windage screw 10-15 clicks clockwise and see which way the shots have moved. Move the sights back.

Then do the same thing with the elevation screw.
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Rover wrote:Just move the rear sight in the direction you want the pellet to go. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to determine that. When you've done that, write it on the grip where you can read it.

this dude is smart
Gort

Post by Gort »