Pardini 32ACP Bullet Weights

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ZILOK

Pardini 32ACP Bullet Weights

Post by ZILOK »

I load a 60 gr Hornady XTP in my Pardini. I use Bullseye powder. I do not prefer lead. I would like to use Berry's 71gr. bullet. Are they accurate in the Pardini?

J R
dronning

Re: Pardini 32ACP Bullet Weights

Post by dronning »

ZILOK wrote:I load a 60 gr Hornady XTP in my Pardini. I use Bullseye powder. I do not prefer lead. I would like to use Berry's 71gr. bullet. Are they accurate in the Pardini?
J R
I haven't read anyone else trying the Berry's with the .32 Pardini, I'd suggest just giving them a try and see.
I can't speak to the .32. Berry's plated bullets are not as accurate as a JHP or lead in either my 9 or 45. They aren't bad, just not as accurate. I'd say about + 1-2" @ 50 yards. in both guns, but that is in my guns/barrels.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
dolbyconnor

Post by dolbyconnor »

How about some of the other bullet shapes and weights more commonly available, like 71gr. JHP or or 71gr. FMJ? How accurate do these tend to be?

Has anyone tried any other jacketed and/or plated bullets, and if so, what were your results?
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

For me the XTP's were the best of the jacketed by far but they still weren't as good as the lead if everything was done properly. To just reload and shoot without any experimentation, I would go with the XTP bullet if you don't mind paying the price.
dolbyconnor

Post by dolbyconnor »

oldcaster wrote:For me the XTP's were the best of the jacketed by far but they still weren't as good as the lead if everything was done properly. To just reload and shoot without any experimentation, I would go with the XTP bullet if you don't mind paying the price.
I'm not willing to go through the hassle for reloading lead, and XTPs are pretty expensive. I'm willing to pay a little extra over lead for other jacketed alternatives that are close to XTP performance, but still significantly cheaper. Also, for the occasions when I don't have time to reload and need to have some factory ammo on hand, I'd like to know what loadings would be a decent (cheaper) alternative to paying about $18/box of 20.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I don't know for sure but expect any other 32 jacketed will shoot pretty poorly just because no one who designs and manufactures them expects people to be shooting them at targets fifty yards away expecting the kind of accuracy we get. Just think how many jacketed 45 bullets shoot so poorly that it is a surprise, especially 230 grain round nose which is the same shape as the typical 32 jacketed.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I test fired some Fiocchi and American Eagle at 50 yards in the barrel tester.

Results were poor. The groups would not stay on an 8" by 11" paper.

Do understand that the commercial ammo for the 32 ACP is designed as Defense ammo, not Match grade ammo.

The only commercial ammo for Match shooting I have tested is the Hornady Custom 60XTP.

Cheers,

Dave
Murph

Post by Murph »

PMC offers a 60 grain JHP loaded ammo. Its about 1/2 the price of the Hornady and I had good results with them. They would certainly make a great short line ammo. 32B is their part number.
dolbyconnor

Post by dolbyconnor »

Murph wrote:PMC offers a 60 grain JHP loaded ammo. Its about 1/2 the price of the Hornady and I had good results with them. They would certainly make a great short line ammo. 32B is their part number.
How were the PMC 60gr JHPs at 50 yards?
dolbyconnor

Post by dolbyconnor »

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

I test fired some Fiocchi and American Eagle at 50 yards in the barrel tester.

Results were poor. The groups would not stay on an 8" by 11" paper.

Do understand that the commercial ammo for the 32 ACP is designed as Defense ammo, not Match grade ammo.

The only commercial ammo for Match shooting I have tested is the Hornady Custom 60XTP.

Cheers,

Dave
I was really hoping the Fiocchi Extrema loading would be accurate, since they advertise that they're loaded with the Hornady 60gr. XTPs, bummer to hear they wouldn't even stay on an 8"x11".
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The Fiocchi I tested was the FMJ RN version.

Never tested any Fiocchi HP ammo.

Unless you reload your own ammo, you will never be assured of consistent results buying commercial ammo.

Cheers,

Dave
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

What Dave just said is one of the most true statements you can make. Every gun seems to be an entity to itself and likes something different. There are things that need to be adhered to when reloading but the type or amount of powder, bullet size, seating depth, all vary as to which one is the best for an individual gun. When you reload your own ammo, the only thing that can vary is the powder between lots and that generally isn't much.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I tested the Fiocchi 60 gr loads at 50 yards and they barely held the 9-ring, but they are OK at 25, at least for the 10-ring. So, if your club's BE range is a 25 yard range, or a shorter indoor range, use them. If you reload, you are really shorting yourself by not buying Travis Bullets 62 gr LSWC; they are accurate with multiple loads and easy to load. The 75 gr Rimrock RNFP are also accurate, especially at 25 yards, are a handsome bullet, and provide a quaint recoil. Enjoy the mini-45, dipnet
Murph

Post by Murph »

The PMC Ammo with the 60 grain JHP was "OK" at 50 yards. If you are master or HM, you may be too critical of the PMC. I remember Emil cleaned a 50 yard target though...with PMC one time (1 handed, not off the bench). PMC usually held the 10 ring off the bench at 50 yards. I tested almost every 32 acp Ammo I could find (commercially made). The Hornady was the only 50 yard "acceptable" Ammo. It was the most accurate commercially available Ammo. PMC was a close a 2nd. When I was shooting the 32, I used Hornady at the long line and Hornady again on the short line or PMC. I was only a 2nd year shooter and was averaging in the 870's with the stock gun and Hornady Ammo. But it was expensive.

I next reloaded the XTP bullets and had similar results. Pretty good at 50 yards, but not quite what I wanted. I am good at calling my shot, and I could tell that the factory Ammo, and my hand loads just were a little off sometimes in where I called them. So I wanted more and tried casting bullets.

I next started casting the 62 grain lead "Old Caster" bullet design and that worked awesome. I could finally hold the X ring at 50 off the bench. Awesome design. These bullets (soft alloy) with 1.6-1.7 grains of N310 was fantastic. My shots were then on call. My scores improved as well.

In summary, hand loading home casted soft alloy 62 grain SWC is the best. XTP bullets are next best in hand loads. Hornady factory Ammo is in 3rd. PMC Ammo behind that in 4th. (In my opinion)