Broken TOZ 35M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GunShy

Broken TOZ 35M

Post by GunShy »

I put my TOZ 35M (1988) away several years ago. After watching the ISSF World Cup finals recently, I decided to lubricate it and go to the range. Unfortunately, it no longer works. I cannot set the trigger and I do not know enough about the pistol to try to fix it myself. Anyone know of a competent repair shop that can fix it, preferably on the east coast?
slofyr

Re: Broken TOZ 35M

Post by slofyr »

The lube has dried and become gummy. There is a good chance that removing the forearm and 'lightly' spraying the trigger-set mechanism with TriFlow oil will fix the problem. If you don't want to do that, Larry Carter is a possible choice for a repair http://www.larrysguns.com .
Rover

Post by Rover »

His shipping policy will probably exceed the repair cost by an order of magnitude. (Been there)
rmca

Post by rmca »

GunShy wrote:I cannot set the trigger and I do not know enough about the pistol to try to fix it myself.
Back out the tiny screw on the left side of the gun, near the trigger, by one turn. That should be enough to get the gun to cock again.

Then, with the trigger cocked, unscrew that screw slowly until the trigger realeses. From that point screw it in a quarter of a turn.
That should do it.

Hope this helps
divingin

Post by divingin »

I just had the same problem (though mine was sitting for only a month or so.)

After quite a bit of worry (I really didn't want to ship it off to be repaired), it ended up being exactly what slofyr mentioned: the trigger group parts were sticking due to gumminess. Having a friend's Toz to compare to helped come to that conclusion. A few sprays of Berrymans carb cleaner, and a dousing in lubricating oil freed things up to the point where the trigger can now be set.

Here's what I did: Remove grip. Remove the larger screw under the forearm. Remove forearm wood, and swing the trigger guard/group downward. If necessary for access, remove the large lever (the bar on top of the trigger guard assy) by removing the screw at the front. Inspect the trigger group parts as you cock the trigger set lever and see if things move freely or are binding up.

I did not disassemble things any further than that, as I wasn't sure about complexity of the innards (meaning I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it back together correctly.)

Luck;

jky