air pistol for timed, rapid fire practice?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

TenMetrePeter

Re: air pistol for timed, rapid fire practice?

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Gwelo wrote:
TenMetrePeter wrote:The thread dedicated to the police raid on Steyr UK has been locked but UK shooters may be interested in an update on LP50 and variants.
http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php/news/17 ... d-variants

Précis - awaiting a decision not on semi-auto status but self-loading status.

What is the current definition of "self loading"?
From NABIS glossary
"Semi-automatic weapon – semi-automatic weapons fire a single shot when the trigger is pulled, the fired cartridge case is then ejected and a fresh cartridge loaded into the chamber. The trigger must be released and pulled again to fire another shot. Also known as self- loading or auto-loading."
Presumably Self Loading is the prohibited property in UK law.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

TenMetrePeter wrote:....so I dont understand why they are distinguishing the two!
I can't see where THEY are.

They use both "Semi Automatic" and "self loading", but make no distinction between the two.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

You took an early version of my post while I was still editing it. But well done on criticising everything I write and this time before the ink is dry. Try posting some original thought rather than unpicking everyone else's.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

TenMetrePeter wrote:You took an early version of my post while I was still editing it. But well done on criticising everything I write and this time before the ink is dry. Try posting some original thought rather than unpicking everyone else's.
If I see something that I believe to be incorrect then I'll query it.

Unfortunately I'm not a mind-reader, so I didn't realise that you had posted something you didn't mean.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

I meant it David. I was referring to the NABIS glossary which lists Semi-automatic as the key term yet UK legislation and CPS guidelines refer to self-loading. I realised that what I posted could be misinterpreted so I immediately edited that part out. I need to be quicker.
Chuckiep

Post by Chuckiep »

Neil H wrote: This will probably start a big discussion but. As far as accuracy it is just as good as the LP10. I have both and I have shot scores in the 560's with both.
Can the magazine advance mechanism be disabled? seems like that's a bit jarring?

If you have both LP10 and LP50... I would love to see a picture with the grips off side by side... i want to see if the LP10 can use the 1911 grip that Pilk sells.
Neil H

Post by Neil H »

Chuckiep wrote:
Can the magazine advance mechanism be disabled? seems like that's a bit jarring?

If you have both LP10 and LP50... I would love to see a picture with the grips off side by side... i want to see if the LP10 can use the 1911 grip that Pilk sells.
I don't know if the advance mechanism can be defeated. I don't know why you would want to as for me I don't notice the advance after each shot, The sights do not move at all. The single shot magazine makes loading easier then the LP10. If you could/can disable the mechanism I'm sure it wouldn't be that simple and if anything make it difficult to load, as you would have to manually pull the magazine out each time to load a new pellet.

The grip mount is the same, so the 1911 grip should fit both as long as they have the mechanical triggers. I have an electronic trigger on my LP10 (that's all they had available when I bought mine). The battery and circuit board are positioned in the grip of the electronic pistols. The 1911 grip does not have a place for them. Other then that they look like they mount the same. Personally I don't use my 1911 grip, It just didn't feel right to me with the longer barrel on my LP50