some help for CMP 853

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

dukja

some help for CMP 853

Post by dukja »

I just got a Diasy 853 via CMP to start up 10m shoot at home. I like the accuracy of this gun a lot and appreciate its affordability due to its age. However, I found that the pumping lever and the mounted scope (for testing gun accuracy) will move right after the trigger break. I read someone posted here long ago also mentioning such issue.

When I disassembled the gun for investigation, I realized that the long screws at the front end of forearm holding stock and the internal gun together was slightly bent (shown in photo). The other one at middle of the gun length also slightly bent. My current suspicion is that such bending will allow the screw to turn when the gun is pumped and pressured. And it will turn back when the pressure is released. Such turning cause the inner body move up-down in the stock.

It also seems to me the material of the screw may not be hard enough to hold up for a long term. I wonder if it is a good idea to buy several backups from Daisy. The part is 853-7. Or maybe got some better alternative screw to replace them?

I also found out the "barrel seal" is missing. From 853repair.ppt (slide 22), it seems to me that its function is only a spacer to support/stabilize the barren at mid length. Is it critical to replace? And I cannot find the part number for it. The Part List drawing in the 853repair.ppt has very poor resolution that I cannot read it clearly.

Last thing is about the connection of the barrel to the valve body. Mine has an apparent gap (almost 1/8") as it can be seen in the photo. Is it acceptable or I need to do something about it.

Thank you so much for helping out!
Attachments
853.jpg
pftarch

Re: some help for CMP 853

Post by pftarch »

I can't figure out how to attach images/pdf files, but if you PM me I can send you a clear copy of the parts list. I believe the spacer that you are referring to is an 853-36 153681-000 "Spacer".

I also took a picture of the barrel/valve body of my 953 (I replaced it with an 853 Lothar barrel) and it too has a 1/8" gap where it joins.

Peter T.
dukja

Re: some help for CMP 853

Post by dukja »

Thank you so much for the reply. It has been quiet here so I did some search on "Barrel Seal" and found the part number. I have tried to contact CMP but cannot contact Tommy for two days. So I have called Daisy and order the parts. The screw set and spacer cost me about $8 including shipping. I will also report back if it made improvement.

Thanks again for the help!!