editing messages

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill Abernethy

editing messages

Post by Bill Abernethy »

Any way to edit your messages on this board? Seems like I'm always finding a typo right after I push the submit button.
Bill Abernethy
bill-at-wccnet.org.41239.0
Mark

Re: editing messages

Post by Mark »

Most of us are in a hurry to communicate and don't read items here for correct english usage or spelling. Your expertise and your views count far more than your spelling!
From a technical standpoint, I'm not aware of any method of editing. But one thing you can do is to write the text in a tool like a wordprocessor and then run spell check on it before cutting and pasting into the "comments" text window of your message. This takes more time and energy (which is probably why most of us don't worry about spelling!).
Keep up your good posts.

Mark.

Bill Abernethy

Re: editing messages

Post by Bill Abernethy »

Mark--
It's not just spelling, sometimes--especially since the lack of wrap-around makes it so hard to see one's message in its entirety--a message just does't make sense and needs emendation. Most forums do have an edit function of some kind. Would be nice here, but it's still a great resource!
Bill
bill-at-wccnet.org.41331.41275
Spencer C

Re: editing messages - use your word processor before submit

Post by Spencer C »

You can compose your message in your word processor and then copy/paste to the dialog box (works for me in Word).