TEC HRO "Rapid" sight elevation kit -- anyone seen this?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

trax

TEC HRO "Rapid" sight elevation kit -- anyone seen this?

Post by trax »

http://tec-hro.de/schiesssport/en/aimin ... ising.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kY3ZwXr2SQ

Looks like this is available through Creedmoor, McKenna, and a few other UK/European vendors.

Anyone had any experience with this kit? Most vendors sell it for around $200. On paper at least, I like the idea of not needing to physically remove the sights and swap riser block sets between positions, but I'm a bit concerned about slop in the mechanism, and just how far out of whack the sighting could get when the knobs are adjusted.
trax

Re: TEC HRO "Rapid" sight elevation kit -- anyone seen this?

Post by trax »

Bump... any feedback on this?
deboom_j

Post by deboom_j »

I don't understand, does this thing have detents that it clicks into, or does it just slide up and down. If it just slides up and down, then you'd be making educated guesses on the height adjustment, no?

I think any of the riser block systems would be easier and more repeatable. Maybe a couple seconds slower, and you'd have to use a wrench, which you're probably already using (like the Mec/Centra unitool thing).

Seems like kind of a gadget to me.

John
trax

Post by trax »

Great question... it looks like it has detents. If you look at the front sight in the picture below, there are small dimples in the metal spaced at regular intervals.

deboom_j

Post by deboom_j »

Well son of a gun! Looking at the photo you posted I see the dimples on the front sight. They may well be detents, if they are, then it might be a quick repeatable system. Buy one a try it out!

That's the problem with all this new stuff, there's so many new products and only so many people willing to try them out. Then the people who do try them might not be the internet type, so no reviews get posted (unless they have a problem, then they let the world know how terrible it is!).

John
Abi

Post by Abi »

Center10

Post by Center10 »

I just got this for my SB ANS rifle and it has detentes on the inner surface and allows quick repeatable adjustments. I have set it up and have my zero for the indoor 50 ft and am going to the range to zero at 50 and 100 yds. The main reason I got it was so that I could change the elevation of the front sight from 50 to 100 yds and not have to wear out the rear sight adj having to raise/lower it all the time.

Bob Y.
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

Does anybody know if you have to use TEC HRO sights with these riser blocks? Or could you use Anschutz sights?
High Left

Post by High Left »

They have dovetails to match your rifle and it's mating sights.

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... ccessories
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

High Left wrote:They have dovetails to match your rifle and it's mating sights.

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... ccessories
When you order, is the price ($199) for a set (one for front and one for rear sights) or single?
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

I have a set id gladly sell
Levi Bergren

Post by Levi Bergren »

So, I bought a set, and they work great! They do have detents, and they will fit any sights. As smallbore season is just beginning, I have not had the chance to try switching them between different yardages, but that is the purpose I bought them for. As well as just normal riser blacks during 50 foot season. I will post more on the results of the yardage changing probably later this spring, or early summer. One note, make sure you tighten the screw all the way, or else you will get in BIG trouble. I went to a match once, and found my sights were way off, and realized that since I had worked with the riser blocks the night before, I must not have tightened them correctly. Overall, use common sense and tighten your screws down, and these work great!
buffalowinter

Post by buffalowinter »

I just have separate sights for 50 and 100. Also separate prone, kneeling, and standing sights.
Giddaymate

Post by Giddaymate »

Got those and they are really good for 3P. Just make sure to tighten the screws