Looking for Lessons

Connecting with the collegiate coaches.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963

JMoto

Looking for Lessons

Post by JMoto »

Hi there, I am hoping any of you can recommend a place or person in Northern California. I'm brand new and want to start out right from square one. I haven't bought my first air rifle yet but want to make sure I find one I won't grow out of right away but also don't pick up any bad habits, yada yada. I inquired at my local range and was met with the whole "go away lady" vibe even though I'm a military veteran and marksman. SO, long story longer, I don't actually care what gender my coach would be, I just want someone experienced to help guide me and am willing to pay.
I'd appreciate any suggestions even if it's just a good shop anywhere from SF to Sacramento.
Cheers!
Shooter

Re: Looking for Lessons

Post by Shooter »

I am not sure how close these are, but here is a list of people who are members of the Int'l Shooting Coaches Asso. Contact them to see if they can help. If not, I have the largest library of shooting sports info in private hands in the country. I can send you some info on it if you like, but I will need a name and address to get it to you. Email me at bawilli@comcast.net. Don in Oregon. Coaches: Greg Block, 18061 Brair St., Fountain Valley 92708. Well, I guess he is it. I do have one in Sedona, AZ. Hope this helps. Don in Oregon
conradin

Post by conradin »

I'm here.
missfire

Post by missfire »

I am looking for lessons. Where should I start to look?
conradin

Post by conradin »

Where are you?
missfire

Post by missfire »

Watertown, New York 13601 and Kingston, Ontario Canada - half the year in both
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

In California, I would recommend Allen Jaynes. His contact info is below.

ajaynes@vttco.net
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

This is an OLD thread, but...

I used Bill Boyle at the Coyote Point Range in San Mateo.
I really liked him.
But that was way back about 2002. I don't know if he is still coaching. But you could contact the Coyote Point club.
http://www.coyotepointrpc.org/
ShootingCoach.Online

Post by ShootingCoach.Online »

Visit www.shootingcoach.online to get a highly experienced international coach as your personal online coach and teacher.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

If you want I can offer you my coaching lessons. I live in Blackfoot, Idaho and have been coaching both ISSF rifle and pistol for almost 28 years. If your interested you can call or email me at the following. I have coached kids from around the country.
208-681-5815 or randy88745@gmail.com.