Izh-7-3 rising block (for the foresight)

For those who like shooting in the snow

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Craig1956

conradin

Izh-7-3 rising block (for the foresight)

Post by conradin »

Anyone has an idea how to put a rising block for the foresight of a 7-3? The 7-3 is slightly smaller than I want it to be. If I have to I can switch the rear sight to Anschutz with rising block, as Altius has a conversion block for the rear sight. But there is no such thing on the front....I cannot shave my cheek piece any further! :)
rodn

Re: Izh-7-3 rising block (for the foresight)

Post by rodn »

I didn't realize the 7-3 was that small. Thanks for the info.

Hope someone here knows.

You might want to post in the "Russian Rimfires & Biathlon" section of www.rimfirecentral.com

Good luck

Rod
conradin

Post by conradin »

Nobody knows how to raise the front sight of the Izh?
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

If you have talked to Marc at Altius and he couldn't help I doubt there is an off the shelf solution other than a custom milled piece. The other sources to try would be Larsenbiathlon.com in Norway. You might also check with Nordicmarksman.com in Canada. However, neither website shows a riser for the Izmash foresight or a taller foresight that I can see.

CJ
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

I'm not sure of the OD of the 7-3 or 4. The OD of the 7.2 barrel was .750. You can mount a small Anschutz bloop tube on the barrel if it is .750 and use the 11mm grooves to mount a sight riser and an Anschutz sight. I doubt the 7-3 and 4 barrel are that hefty but at least you can measure. You might be able to shim the barrel to attach the clamp.
Chris