how do i use a dual post scope?

Moderators: m1963, kaban56

bcrt

how do i use a dual post scope?

Post by bcrt »

Hello group,
I have a Russian dual post rt scope, but I don't understand how to use it. I was hoping someone could explain it to me. Im shooting at an issf 10m rt target which has a target on the right and left and a smaller dot in the middle. What should my scope picture look like? What is the small center dot used for? Why do I have two posts, and what post goes to which target? Further explanation of the scopes function would also be appreciated.
kaban56

Re: how do i use a dual post scope?

Post by kaban56 »

Take a look at the attachment - this is what your sight picture should look like when shooting at a moving target. You are hitting the trailing target. So, from right-to-left, you should be hitting the right target; from left-to-right - the left target. On a static target, the shots should be landing right in the middle of the posts.

Did you play with the adjustments on the mounts to "zero" the scope?
Attachments
RT Scope.pdf
(464.75 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
bcrt

Post by bcrt »

Thank you! That picture helps. Unfortunately I've tried to adjust my mounts but I can't get the screws to budge and I'm afraid I'll strip them. It's so hard to come across rt gear I don't want to ruin what I have. Any suggestions?
RTarget

Post by RTarget »

First of all - buy good pair of mounts. Please throw away those discount static scope mounts. Your scope will thank you for that.

Top of the range is EAW - Ernst Apel - www.eaw.de...but the specialized mounts for the RT (adjustment for windage and elevation) is a very rare found. Also the mounts cost like hell :)

I am using (for RT10 and RT50)UK producer SportsMatch - mount named ATP65 - www.sportsmatch-uk.com. It is a line of adjustable scope mounts (windage and elevation). Very reliable and accurate. Also in terms of screw grip issues. Lots of accessories also.

Enjoy

bcrt wrote:Thank you! That picture helps. Unfortunately I've tried to adjust my mounts but I can't get the screws to budge and I'm afraid I'll strip them. It's so hard to come across rt gear I don't want to ruin what I have. Any suggestions?