Where to get a rapid fire and sport pistol elec trainer?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
USMC0802

Where to get a rapid fire and sport pistol elec trainer?

Post by USMC0802 »

Looking for an electronic timer/trainer for dry fire shooting at 3 or 4 feet distance. The targets look to be about the size of an air rifle target and sticks to the wall. Has the red and green lights and come on at the correct times like in a match. Allows you to dryfire or go through the motions with an actual green and red light coming on. Anyone know who makes these and where I can get one and what they cost? I hate dry firing to audible sounds and then shooting at matches with lights. Have learned that there is a big difference and it has effected my shooting negatively. What else can I do? These training devices I have seen look like a solution. Also, anyone know where I can get a timing and light system for live firing for sport pistol RF (without the scoring feature) and what it might cost?

Also, who has done the math and figured out the distance to use an air pistol or air rifle target to get the same apparent target view while dryfiring? Both for RF and Prec sport pistol. Would think a few feet with an air pistol target would replicate the look of a RF target and an air rifle target would give the look of a precision target at a few feet. Just don't know what that exact distance is but one of you surely will (or anyone with highschool algebra can figure it out easily I'm sure)

Have seen the trainer I first mentioned twice. Once in Germany and once at USA Nationals by a Canadian shooter I didn't have time to talk with. The German shooter got his from the coach and couldn't tell me anything about it. Can't remember if the Canadian shooters trainer had one target but know she was training sport pistol. The German's trainer had 5 bulls about 1" in diameter. I have heard that version can be programmed for the use of only one bull and timed for sport RF.
morten

Post by morten »

I think you can get what you are looking for here.

http://www.scattusa.com/

Or here http://www.targettimers.com/target_controller.html

you can download the Scatt software and print air/sports pistol targets for different distances.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Get this one - http://www.targettimers.com/range_officer.html

I have one and recommend it highly...
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Thanks for the reply. The timer Morton showed me will give me the capabillity to run lights for live firing. Wasn't sure where or how to get that other than having an electrical engineer friend buying some sort of allen bradley device and programming the time. I know he can do it and it should be relatively inexpensive but if I can't get him to find the time, the $400 controller is what I was basically looking for to run or train a real match with lights.
The other timer just gives the audio commands with beeps. I already have that on a computer file and it is free to anyone who wants me to send it to them. They can run it off a computer or smart phone or Ipad with some headphones. However, I have determined I can hear the commands and beeps with earplugs in and not having to wear a set of audio headphones.

Neither of these are what I have seen and am looking for in a dry firing device. The device I have seen sort of looks like the second $90 timer but it has a black bull in the location where it looks like they have the speaker that sort of looks like a target and there is a very small green light below and a red light above that would all be proportionate. You then stick it to the wall some how and stand back about a meter and start the timing sequence with the lights using a small remote on a cord.

Thanks for your responses. Hopefully someone will post a picture of the dryfire electronic light timing device I have seen.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Leon wrote:Get this one - http://www.targettimers.com/range_officer.html

I have one and recommend it highly...
Definitely on my shopping list ;-)
morten

Post by morten »

Maybe this device is simular to what you ar looking for?

http://www.10punt9.nl/en/shootingaccess ... o-box.html

TEC-HRO box is a small training aid designed to help practice the timed pistol disciplines.

In training you put the "TEC-HRO box" next to your dry-training-target. The LEDs "RED" and "GREEN" simulate the lights of the electronic targets. "ORANGE" simulates the message "Attention - 3 - 2- 1- Start".

The following disciplines are preset and are be selected by the button:

Sport Pistol
Rapid-Fire Pistol 8 Seconds
Rapid-Fire Pistol 6 Seconds
Rapid-Fire Pistol 4 Seconds
First-Shoot-Training 1,5 Seconds NEW !
Standard Pistol 20 Seconds
Standard Pistol 10 Seconds

Dimensions: 50x38x16mm (LxWxD)
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

The one saw had the scaled down target on this device with only a red and green which were above and below the target attatched to a device this size. The one I saw in germany had 5 targets side by side with all the lights.

However, this is exactly the type of device I am looking for. I just add my own scaled down target.

Price is about what I was hoping. Now just need to see if they will ship to the US. If not, will wait and pick one up in April.

If anyone knows of a different brand or seller, please let me know in case I have trouble getting this one or in the event another may have different features. This does exactly what I want. I will just have to add my own target and do the math to find out which distance to use. Wish the lights were at the top and bottom of device allowing scaled down target to be place in the middle but this is near perfect.

Thanks for the help
conradin

Post by conradin »

It does not have the 150 sec countdown for STP? Also is it big enough to put on top of the target so one can see the light.?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:It does not have the 150 sec countdown for STP?
Most people would just use a stopwatch on their bench for training 150s.

5 shots in 2½ minutes isn't exactly onerous.
morten

Post by morten »

BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Is this what you're looking for?

http://kamertonsk.ru/kamerton

Use Google Translate to understand.

I was alerted to this device on Igor's blog

http://toz35.blogspot.com.au/search?q=Rapid+fire

Bob
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Bob, that is exactly what I had seen and was looking for and want!
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

USMC0802 wrote:Bob, that is exactly what I had seen and was looking for and want!
I have one that I got from that site. Great guy to deal with - prompt responses to emails, and modified mine for me with no problems (I didn't want the circles printed on the target face to more closely replicate the electronic targets used in matches.)

Just two things to keep in mind-
One, if I remember correctly it only cost $60 for the unit, which I thought was perfectly reasonable, but shipping to the states will cost you $90, which makes it a bit more pricey but still acceptable in my mind.

Two, the instructions for setting all of the options (8, 6, 4, sec, lights and sound, just lights, cadence beeps or lights, etc.) are in Russian. However, I was able to work through them and figure out all of the settings, and can send my notes to you if you decide to get one.

Thanks,
Ted
morten

Post by morten »

Just ordered one from Aleksandr.

The price is $85 + shipping

Looks like an english version of the page and manual came up yesterday :-)

http://kamertonsk.ru/kamerton_en

New version with an earphone output with the volume control, and a luminous mode of training?
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

In looking at the page I misspoke on the modification I had him make - it was the center white dot I had him eliminate to more accurately simulate the real world targets.
rmca

Post by rmca »

I´ve been reading the description on the site http://kamertonsk.ru/kamerton_en and just found this:

"...After a minute sound a long beep, indicating the command “Attention”, after which immediately lights up red “lights”. After 0.5 seconds is a series of three short beeps, followed by on the information display numbers “3″, “2″, “1″, that corresponds to a count before the next team. The number “1″ disappears from the display and after 0.5 seconds you hear a short beep, which corresponds to the command “Start”. At the end of 3.0 seconds red “lights” are disabled, are green. Carry out a series of five shots. When the series ends: green “lights” are disabled, a red, five times blinking. After the training system again gives a command “Charge” and the cycle will be repeated until the supply is cut off..."

Shouldn't it be 7 seconds red then green (8,6,4sec)? As far as I know there is no more 3,2,1...

f) When one (1) minute has expired, the Range Officer will give
the commands:
“ATTENTION”
The red lights must be switched on or if
paper targets are used, they must be turned
to the edge-on position and the athlete must
bring his pistol to the Ready Position.
After a delay of seven (7) seconds (+/- 0.1
second) either the green lights come on, or
the target must turn to face the athlete.

Or did I miss something?
conradin

Post by conradin »

I really like that target master ($450) one, but I am a beginning will that be overkill? I have a countdown stop watch, but there is something atrractive about human voice command..
Anyone has one like that and tell me about the extra feature such as the variable, and also remote? It is unlikely I will use it for CFP,
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:I really like that target master ($450) one, but I am a beginning will that be overkill? I have a countdown stop watch, but there is something atrractive about human voice command..
Why don't you just use a cheap mp3 player with one of Spencer's audio files.?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Conradin, GET REAL! You have no need of this stuff. Just go shoot some damned matches.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:
conradin wrote:I really like that target master ($450) one, but I am a beginning will that be overkill? I have a countdown stop watch, but there is something atrractive about human voice command..
Why don't you just use a cheap mp3 player with one of Spencer's audio files.?
Sheesh! SHEESH!
I had forgotten about them - I will have to update them for the current RFP commands...