Heard of this and could not believe

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

10_9kid

Heard of this and could not believe

Post by 10_9kid »

Great scores from the Grand Prix, but look at the standing of the American shooter including his finals. Anyone ever heard of this shooter? I have yet to see of him in competition?

http://web.telecom.cz/shooting.plzen/fi ... _FR340.pdf
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Checking the ISSF database, he shot in 3 World Cups in 2009 and the CAT in 2010.
swehrman

Post by swehrman »

He's a member of the US Army Marksmanship Unit.

http://www.army.mil/article/75555/

-- Scott
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Got to meet him during the NRA Intercollegiate Championships and he was a great help to me. He's pretty close to my size too which is probably why his technique worked well with me (I'm 6'5", he's 6'4" I think) he actually raised my standing scores 10 points per card. And when I looked at his scores I saw he has the same problem I do, kneeling. Good grief do I hate kneeling.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

George Norton is a great guy. He is on the AMU and a very great guy. He is very nice and easy to talk to. He won Camp Perry a few years ago...
Matt
blg

Post by blg »

He taught at one of our AMU Camps. Very good guy. The kids still talk to him.
GNorton

Post by GNorton »

Hey, thanks for the kind words. It was a great range with great conditions and all I did was execute good shots. Sounds like I'm demeaning the effort, but that is the truth. Thomas Tamas created a great drill focusing on shot execution and that is what made it happen. Again thanks for the kind words.
George
RizzoRogan

Post by RizzoRogan »

Can you share any part of this great drill that helped focus on shot execution? Always looking for something new for my junior shooters!

Post by Guest »

No problem...
It is a simple drill utilizing a coach giving the load commands to a shooter like in a final. The shooter needs to be honest with themselves on their execution. If it was perfect execution, the shooter gets a point. If it was not, they have to reset the points. I personally have only achieved 8 points. The score of the shot does not matter, only the execution, ie fallow through, shoot on the move etc. Everyone knows what a perfect shot looks like (need a reminder, try shooting off a bench). This drill reinforces perfect execution while putting stress on the shooter from the tally getting higher.

Again, all thanks goes to Thomas Tamas, creator of "the game".

George