IZH-35M

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

Wiley-X wrote:
Tzed250 wrote:]Funny thing is, the screws are only there so that a scope mount can be placed on the shroud. Baikal's website shows the IZH-35m with no screws.
Someplace I saw a picture of an IZH-35M with a frame mounted scope mount. I thought that was interesting.

I wish that I could find that picture again.
The first IZH scope mounts fastened along side the trigger guard. That is why you see the swell in the lower rear portion of the guard on some 35ms. Screwing the shroud to the sight block and receiver made the frame mount obsolete.

Here is a link to the current site for the pistol:

http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/45.html

In the picture you can see many differences between the home market pistol, and the one that was exported.
Attachments
MP-35m.jpg
MP-35m.jpg (52.75 KiB) Viewed 14474 times
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

All that URL gives me is a 404 error. :-(
sciguy191

Post by sciguy191 »

Wiley-X wrote:All that URL gives me is a 404 error. :-(
It worked last night but seems to be down today. Now its back up.

Gee, it sure looks as if they are still produced.

So IZH is still making these?????? Perhaps one might be able to obtain some
mags from a European friend?

Hugh
Last edited by sciguy191 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Makarov

Post by Makarov »

Baikal/IZH (IZHMASH) stoped making IZH 35M and parts in 2003.
It's hard to find most critical parts and magazines.
I did opened topic: IZH 35M magazine market price for brand new and used one, but nobody has replied yet.
If money is no object how much would you pay for brand new IZH 35M magazine?
Does anybody have them for sale?
Philadelphia

Post by Philadelphia »

Tzed250 wrote:I bought my IZH-35m in late 2002. . . .
Is that a customized factory grip or a new grip? Doesn't look like my (stock) grip. Very nice -- where did it come from (and what did it cost)?

Thanks.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

Makarov wrote:If money is no object how much would you pay for brand new IZH 35M magazine?
$30 each.
Does anybody have them for sale?
I haven't found any. I sent an email to Baikal about a month back and they haven't deigned to respond.
paulo

Post by paulo »

Have you tried looking for Walther KSP 200 magazines, I found a few that way, but they were not $30.00.
Last edited by paulo on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

I think that it is the KSP 200 and yes, I've tried looking for those as well. Walther in Germany doesn't stock them and neither do any of the US importers. It's like that gun just fell off the Earth.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Used IZH-35 guns sell in Germany from private for 100 to 200 Euros; NIB or dealer for about double (see the Frankonia outlets).
Makarov

Post by Makarov »

You can use AW93 magazine
http://www.champchoice.com/detail.aspx?ID=3296
$110 plus shipping.
So,why somebody would ask less for
the brand new Baikal/IZH35M magazine?
Nobody has replied yet on my new topic:
WTB brand new or used IZH35M magazine.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

Many reasons. It probably costs less to make them in Russian than in Germany. The folks who buy an IZH35M are budget minded and aren't willing to pay through the nose for a magazine.

$110 for a magazine is absurd.

"Nobody has replied yet on my new topic:
WTB brand new or used IZH35M magazine."

Maybe because no one has any to sell.
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

Philadelphia wrote:
Is that a customized factory grip or a new grip? Doesn't look like my (stock) grip. Very nice -- where did it come from (and what did it cost)?

Thanks.
That is the factory grip that I fitted and stippled. The stock grip is nearly unusable. Much better now!
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

Tzed250 wrote: The stock grip is nearly unusable. Much better now!
As I understand it, they are that way by design to give you the opportunity to fit the grip to your hand.
Philadelphia

Post by Philadelphia »

Tzed250 wrote:
Philadelphia wrote:

Thanks.
That is the factory grip that I fitted and stippled. The stock grip is nearly unusable. Much better now!
You did a fantastic job with it. Looks totally professionally done.
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

Wiley-X wrote:
Tzed250 wrote: The stock grip is nearly unusable. Much better now!
As I understand it, they are that way by design to give you the opportunity to fit the grip to your hand.
I believe that, but there are places that have too much material and others that have not enough. The area under the ring and little finger is very thin and I actually slightly broke through to the frame.

Philadelphia wrote:
Tzed250 wrote:
Philadelphia wrote:

Thanks.
You did a fantastic job with it. Looks totally professionally done.

Thank you very much!! I did spend quite a bit of time on it, but I figured if I could save the cost of a custom grip it would be worth it. I believe I learned a little something about how a target pistol is supposed to fit in your hand during the process. I don't know if a Rink or Morini would be better but this one works for now.

docatru wrote:I have an IZH 35M that gets about 700 rounds a year in informal target practice. I've had the pistol for 7 years and it has been terrific. Mostly as a interlude to shooting strings of 1911 .45 and to give my Hamden High Standard 106 a break.

I would be interested in purchasing some of the hex head screws for the shroud and grips! Please PM me with the particulars.

DOC

Send me your info :)

Post by Guest »

Tzed250, Can you tell us how you did the stippling? Also, is there a fine line surrounding the stippling? Fantastic looking job!
Makarov

Post by Makarov »

Good job!
Can you share what kind of tools did you use to modify stock grips?
Sgt_Gold

Post by Sgt_Gold »

I've been shooting an IZH-35 for about six years. The only parts I've had to replace is the recoil spring and the extractor and associated spring. I had to replace the extractor because I let the chamber get too dirty and I had an OOB which blew the extractor into the next zip code. The IZH will fire out of battery, so now I always run a bore snake through it every 500 rounds or so.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

Hmmmm. . . that's good to know. I usually clean my .22s when they start to malfunction. I have to do periodic cleaning just so I don't have a disaster.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I have found the "out of battery" warning of Sgt_Gold to be correct. While the hammer will first hit (at a slight angle) the rear part of the slide, and move it forward trying to close it, and will only in this course hit the firing pin, there still exists a good chance of ignition when part of the lower case is not yet fully chambered. Add to this an already overly chamfered (sp.!) lower chamber mouth, as one of my IZH-35 has, and a case blow-out is almost pre-programmed in such a situation.

PS: Did I tell you that I am still looking for my blown-out extractor on the other IZH-35? No replacement parts in sight...

Alexander