TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Feel free to post for sale items as long as they are directly related to International type shooting
If you sell something, we would very much appreciate a donation of $5-10 either mailed to us or paypalled to us.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Post subject: WTB KK300 stock
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:03 pm 

I think I'm in the market for one anyways... Wondering what is out there and what the price will be.

Thanks,

Chad

Post subject: Re: WTB KK300 stock
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 am 

Chad
Not sure what you are looking for, but I have the original ISU standard stock from my KK300. Used it only once or twice as I was waiting for my custom stock to be built. If you are interested, let me know via pm and I can send photos, etc. and we can work out a price.

Regards
ken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:39 pm 

Added: (I realize this is the Buy/sell/trade section, but I'm just trying to help a fellow KK300 owner)

Contact Neil Stepp at ISS. He carried factory Walther stocks in the past, both the blue aluminum stock, and the anatomics. He was also willing to order a Mec Mark 1 without too much complaining and for a reasonable price. This was a couple years ago, before the KK500 came out, so I'm not sure about availability now, but he would be the first person I would call, nice guy to talk to/work with.

Champions Choice wouldn't even consider ordering a Mec Mark 1 for me, 10.9 quoted me a very high price.

I own a KK300 with a universal stock, and it's a great rifle, just the stock sucks. I contacted G+E, about their CS stock, but no luck, they don't make the wood part in house and said they couldn't/wouldn't make or modify one for a KK300. Also, there's only one dealer for G+E in the US, and he knows it, so everything is priced accordingly.

I even looked at my Ans 54 stock to see if it could be modified to fit a KK300, I believe it could, the action screws don't line up, so it might look a little funky with the extra holes. As a machinist who does my own gunsmithing it's an option for me, but if you have to buy a new Anschutz stock and pay someone to modify it for you, it might just be cheaper to buy a factory Walther or a Mec stock. I've been saying for a couple years now, that I'm just going to make my own stock for prone shooting, but guess what, it's still on my to do list!

The KK300 is a superiour barreled action to the Anschutz 54, in many ways (rectangle vs round, "vertical" rectangle instead of "horizontal" like the 2000 series, better trigger, barrel is just as good). The problems with the KK300 is that the bolt is more difficult to strip for cleaning, and there just aren't as many aftermarket stocks available for it, almost none actually.

Hope this helps some

John

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:18 pm 

One option is the custom route, but it does take some more time.

Attached is a link to a thread that has photos of the stock I had made for my KK300 by Alex Sitman at Master Class Stocks. It is a somewhat custom design that I drew up....Alex took the drawing and made what you see here. I cannot say enough about the craftsmanship and incredible bedding job....

http://forums.delphiforums.com/smallbor ... msg=586.13

Regards,
ken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:57 am 

Hi John,

I have worked with Mr. Stepp in the past and I bought my first KK300 in the Anatomic from him. Before I got my KK300 I had purchased the World Racer. Beautiful and awesome in every way! But I like the KK300 for its simplicity and I do want to get into turning my own barrels some day and I think I can on the KK300. The RACER, not so easy. Fortunately I don't need to as it shoots like its on fire! Just a little cantankerous getting tuned. I like the length on the front of the action as it makes it easier to use a scope when I shoot scope. I don't line the shortness on the RACER as it makes it a bit harder on the RACER. So My go to for Iron sights is my RACER, and scope on KK300. Then I deal with trying to shoot my best on two different guns. I can't justify having two RACER's! Ouch! I can justify having 2 300's! I came across a barreled KK300 action and I got it. Now I just need a stock. Hopefully I can come across another Anatomic. That would be ideal.

Hi Ken,

That is a beautiful setup for the KK300! And I might consider going that route, but I think it would set me back as much as a new Anatomic! I was hoping everyone jumping on the KK500 would put some old 300's out there! I do think Walther did good with the 500 and it sure is a lot more affordable than a RACER! After shooting my RACER for a few years now, the closer loading port is a great advantage as it reduces fatigue over the long haul of a match. I'm still ahead with personal best and match wins with my RACER. I like the thought I can do more and eventually do my own work on my KK300's!

Thanks for replying to me. If you do see or come across even the regular KK300 stock, please keep me in mind. I have not hunted aggressively yet and I can buy new if I have to.

Chad