TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: .22LR "JGS Match" Reamer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:53 am 

Ladies, Gentlemen, (and all others!),

I am looking selling a match grade .22LR reamer. It is HSS (Or carbide) ground for the "JGS .22 Match" chamber (.670 Body, 2-degree leade, 0.002" body taper).

Deal is, I need to cut one chamber with it, and don't need to own it thereafter. Would anybody be interested in purchasing this at a significantly reduced cost? It will have one chamber on it.

Carbide: $125 (Retail is $175)

HSS: $75 (Retail is $125)

What do you think? Just shoot me a PM, or email at natdscott (at) yahoo (dot) com

-Nate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:26 pm 

Nate,

Would you be interested in a .22 Bentz finish reamer? You can borrow this from me for free. I cut one chamber about 10 yrs. ago. It has a floating pilot and made by Dave Manson.
https://mansonreamers.com/

If your bbl. won't shoot with a Bentz finisher chamber, well, ..... you may have other issues.

I realize that you have a specific dimensions that you seek - I appreciate that. When I was in competition, I built a specific rifle just for the 1000 yd. Wimbledon match. It had a 1-1/2" Hall action and was chambered for .300 Win. Mag. with tight neck in a Hart bbl. Bedded into a 500.00 McMillan prone stock and a Hart 2 oz. trigger. Total price was about $3500.00. I think the reamer cost about $250.00. Awesome rifle.

When I sold it on GB, it was going out West for an elk gun. It weighed about 17 lbs.

If no one responds to your needs, maybe I can get you there 99% of the way. The price is right - ....free.

This is my way of paying back to the wonderful shooting communitiy.

Packrat1947 In Ohio, ...40 min. from Camp Perry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:12 am 

See. Now this is why I like shooters so much; about the most generous people you'd care to meet.

Packrat, I really appreciate the offer. I think I have a plan that is moving forward for the JGS reamer, but if that falls through, I may indeed ask to borrow that reamer.

And you're exactly right...competitors sometimes can't be told anything with regards to customization! :)

-Nate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 am 

Good morning all,

I have found an individual to CoOp this reamer, and we are moving forward.

I sincerely thank you for your interest and time,

-Nate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm 

Awesome. Glad to hear that you can scratch that itch. Packrat1947