A real-life First Person Shooter?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Sparks

A real-life First Person Shooter?

Post by Sparks »

Y'know I'm not quite sure what to say about this, other than "Only in Texas" :p

http://www.live-shot.com/
We have developed a system where you can control a pan/tilt/zoom camera and a firearm to shoot at real targets in real time.
And they're setting up to be able to do hunting as well. I don't even want to think about the legal liability implications if someone was to get injured, mind.

sparky

Post by sparky »

It's kind of a fancy novelty, but I don't see any problems with it. As far as safety goes, all shooting is done with someone hovering over the rifle, ready to override the controls.
The hunting bit seems pretty lame, because you'd have to attach it to an extrodrinarily capable roving vehicle or the animal would basically have to be penned up down range within the field of view of the digital camera. Not very sporting at all.

Look at it this way, given that you Irish folks don't have any firearms ownership rights, this will probably be the only way you will ever get to shoot a real gun! :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

sparky wrote:It's kind of a fancy novelty, but I don't see any problems with it. As far as safety goes, all shooting is done with someone hovering over the rifle, ready to override the controls.
Yeah, trust me to miss that bit on the first read-through. With the safety aspect taken care of, it does have that novelty aspect alright. Mind you, the hunting bit... well, sorry, it doesn't sit well in my head, to be honest.
Look at it this way, given that you Irish folks don't have any firearms ownership rights, this will probably be the only way you will ever get to shoot a real gun! :D
*lol*
It's not quite that bad yet!
Dumbfounded

Power grows out of the barrel of a...Dell?

Post by Dumbfounded »

So, how long is the extension cord on this puppy?