New CMP Rule book

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mikeschroeder

New CMP Rule book

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Our 4-H County Coordinator went to the coaching seminar at Camp Perry in early October this year. He came back with a copy of the new CMP Rule book. There were a few good changes (in my opinion) concerning the use of the glass apertures. The biggest change to me was the shooting lane size change from 49 inches to 40 inches. Heck, 49 was kind of small for some of my shooters. I haven't measured yet, but I think that all of my shooters over the age of 12 will be "out of bounds" if they shoot Natural Point of Aim in Prone.

I assume that if you get out of our lane, you can eventually get disqualified. This seems to benefit the really short shooters... I can see a coaching strategy, practice in 40 inch lanes and launch complaints everytime any other competitors get over. I kind of liked it when I just had to get them in the middle of the black part.

Anybody got any ideas where this one came from?

Mike
Wichita KS
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

The 40" is a reccommended minimum. You can still use larger lanes if you have room. Our building is 32' outside, and when taking away for exterior walls and laned dividers we have 43" lanes. I suspect they are just trying to allow existing ranges to comply without remodling.