USA Shooting Hires Marketing Director

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USA Shooting

USA Shooting Hires Marketing Director

Post by USA Shooting »

For Immediate Release
Oct. 4, 2004

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.—USA Shooting has officially hired Buddy DuVall (Gainsville, Ga.) as the new Director of Marketing and Fundraising for the U.S. Shooting Team. DuVall replaces Leaha Wirth, who resigned in September to pursue a position with Armor Holdings.

“I am extremely pleased to have Buddy join our staff,” Robert Mitchell, CEO of USA Shooting said. “His experience as a pistol shooter and long involvement with USA Shooting coupled with his sales and marketing experience will allow him to step into the position and become immediately effective. It is rare to find an employee so well qualified for a position in a unique market.”

A resident athlete and National Team member in the ’80s and ’90s, DuVall graduated from the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs with a business degree in Marketing. With more than 15 years of sales and marketing experience in the diagnostics testing industry, DuVall recently worked with American Bio Medica Corporation (ABMC) as a Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, Ga.

Buddy rejoins USA Shooting with a lot of enthusiasm for his new position. “This opportunity with USAS is a great fit for me personally and professionally. It’s a good feeling to be involved in something which I am so committed,” DuVall said.

“We are confident Buddy will serve both our sponsors and our athletes well,” Mitchell said. “I have known Buddy since he was a resident athlete at the Olympic Training Center and have yet to meet anyone who didn’t immediately warm to his outgoing and friendly personality. The entire staff is excited to have him as a member of the USAS Team.”

Besides the impending show schedule, Buddy has said that maintaining and expanding sponsor relationships is a priority. “I also feel it’s necessary to enhance the visibility of our sport, while improving the public’s perception,” DuVall said.

USA Shooting is recognized by the U.S. Olympic Committee as the National Governing Body for Olympic Shooting sports. For more information on the USA Shooting Team, please log on to www.usashooting.org, or contact Sara Greenlee at 719-866-4896.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Congratulations Buddy. USA Shooting has made a good descision. My best wishes for you.
Sandy Santibanez
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Congratulations Buddy!! I'm real pleased to see you joining the organization. You are a class act and will be a great asset to USA Shooting.

They've picked a winner this time. Finally somebody who understands the sport.

Marc
Steve Swartz

What Happens to Our Competitor Representative for Pistol?

Post by Steve Swartz »

Congratulations Buddy! This definitely puts you "in the right spot" to pursue parallel goals in competition and USAS policy making hierarchy.

However, this raises a question-

Apparently Buddy was elected Pistol rep this year. Can he serve as Pistol rep and be on the payroll of USAS? I don't necessarily mean "legally" I mean "ethically." Who is going to represent the concerns of the pistol shooting community? Where is the "contrarian" voice to USAS? What happened to the survey, match schedule, etc. issues? Can he "serve two masters" here and do justice to both?

Does the alternate pistol rep now become the primary rep?

Steve Swartz
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

I have been trading emails with Buddy, and asked the same question....

here are some extracts that answer your questions:

""...You're right! Can you believe it? I was discussing the position with Mitch and one thing led to another and to make a long story short, I'm already here in Colorado Springs. To answer your question, no, I can no longer be the athlete rep. John Bickar will be taking over as the athlete rep .... I will be meeting with John in Atlanta next week to review all of the survey responses ......
As for my shooting, I will not be able to compete internationally,
etc., however, I don't think my new position will preclude me from shooting locally......."

Apparently some meeting was to have occured this past weekend, maybe we'll hear more about it.

Poole

http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Bill:

Thx for info- did I read you correctly in that Buddy will not be able to compete internationally? Is this policy? Or does he just think he will be too busy?

Need to have him on the line . . . .

Steve Swartz