USA Shooting atheletes featured on TV

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

from Jim Scoutten

USA Shooting atheletes featured on TV

Post by from Jim Scoutten »

In my opinion, it's the biggest story in sport shooting that's never been told... until now.

This week we begin a two-show series presenting our US Shooting Team.

First up this week is the shotgun team led by Coach Lloyd Woodhouse.

The following week we profile the members of the US Team who shoot rifle and pistol in international competition.

As the Exclusive TV sponsor of our National Team, we're proud to be presenting the stories of our outstanding shooting athletes during the next two weeks of broadcasts.

I'm also going to ask you to join me in supporting our team by becoming a USA Shooting Member. They are not well funded and need our help. If America's shooters and gun owners don't step up to help, who will?

Here are the show dates and times:

Shotgun Team:

Thursday 9/30 9:00 PM Eastern - 6:00 PM Pacific
Thursday 9/30 10:00 PM Pacific (Friday 1:00 AM Eastern)
Sunday 10/3 9:30 AM Eastern - 6:30 AM Pacific
Monday 10/4 7:00 PM Eastern - 4:00 PM Pacific
Monday 10/4 11:30 PM Pacific - (Tuesday 2:30 AM Eastern)

Rifle & Pistol Team:

Thursday 10/7 9:00 PM Eastern - 6:00 PM Pacific
Thursday 10/7 10:00 PM Pacific (Friday 1:00 AM Eastern)
Sunday 10/10 9:30 AM Eastern - 6:30 AM Pacific
Monday 10/11 7:00 PM Eastern - 4:00 PM Pacific
Monday 10/11 11:30 PM Pacific - (Tuesday 2:30 AM Eastern)

There's more info posted at the website: www.ShootingUSA.com

Be sure to let me know what you think of our effort to showcase our National Team.

Jim Scoutten
Sawyer

on TV

Post by Sawyer »

Hello??? What channel? Can I assume this is cable and/or satellite?
Jose Rossy

Re: on TV

Post by Jose Rossy »

Sawyer wrote:Hello??? What channel? Can I assume this is cable and/or satellite?
Follow the link to Jim's show. It's all there.
Jose Rossy

Re: USA Shooting atheletes featured on TV

Post by Jose Rossy »

from Jim Scoutten wrote:Be sure to let me know what you think of our effort to showcase our National Team.
Jim, outstanding!!!

I've always enjoyed your shows on cars and guns! Nice gigs! Need some help? ;^)

Seriously, your efforts are appreciated, and by being on OLN, which doesn't have an exclusively huinting/shooting audience, you can spread the good word to someone who might be on the fence.

Have you ever showcased the National Matches in this series? Will you? There is so much variety in the National Matches, that each championship (ML, pistol, smallbore, CMP, NRA HP, and NRA LR) could be one show by itself.

BZ
colinh

Great show!

Post by colinh »

Jim,

I have enjoyed watching your show. It is both educational and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Colin
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Am I correct in thinking there's no way UK viewers can watch these ? I don't think OLN broacasts to the UK or via the internet.

Rob.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

RobStubbs wrote:Am I correct in thinking there's no way UK viewers can watch these ? I don't think OLN broacasts to the UK or via the internet.

Rob.
Someone else from the UK will have to answer that. I suspect that you will not.

Your only choice may be to order a DVD of the show from OLN or from ShootingUSA.
dps1226

usa shooting athletes

Post by dps1226 »

Jim Scoutten....By focusing on the USA shooting team members and accomplishments, you have a great opportunity to affect what has rec'd a great amount of interest of late.... How we can increase the Olympic Shooting Base of Competitors.... We need young ladies and young men to focus on becoming shooting competitors and winners. They need to see the people involved, see the committment involved and realize that the possibility exists that they can become as good or better than the people you cameo in your program. I can only hope that you take this opportunity to really focus and make the programs count for the long term. This is truly a great opportunity and It is your Hands. ...... Make It Count!
mark anderson

rifle and pistol show

Post by mark anderson »

I Saw the show Thursday 10/7/04 and Jim did his usual great job of bringing the shooting sports to the public. This show was filmed after the 2004 summer Olympics and highlighted several of the team members.

One thing that they showed was the trigger pull of Mike Anti. In the kneeling position they focused on how he repeatedly took up the slack in the 1st stage of the trigger during the shot processes before breaking the shoot.

This seemed a little odd to me, because from what I have been taught and read on trigger pull that once the trigger pull was started it should be a constant pull once started or else abort the shot.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

mark

Post by Guest »

Mark,
The 'pulsating' trigger release is (or used to be) fairly popular with European shooters. It is discussed by Yur' Yev in his book "Competitive Shooting", chapter 10. I don't think it is used much here in the US. In fact, I saw the TV show, and that is the first time I have seen an elite shooter use that method. Maybe I've been away too long...
Richard Newman
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

i thought it was filmed during the tryouts and finalized after the olympics

there was a film crew running around Benning that week.

Poole

Post by Guest »

That's why the trigger has the two stages - you take up the slack when you are nearly all 100%, then give it a little more pressure to finish it off. allows very precise control and coordination. Taking your finger off is an excellent way of preventing the shot from going before everything is 100% ready.