Bullet Traps

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jim B

Bullet Traps

Post by Jim B »

Does anyone have any plans for bullet traps for .22cal? I'd like to create a trap for the 50M target & the 50ft target. I know there is a comercial bullet trap for the 50ft target, but I'd like something for the bigger 50M target.

Jim

Re: Bullet Traps

Post by Guest »

Just copy the angles of the commercial 50ft trap and enlarge. Have welder?
Jim B wrote:Does anyone have any plans for bullet traps for .22cal? I'd like to create a trap for the 50M target & the 50ft target. I know there is a comercial bullet trap for the 50ft target, but I'd like something for the bigger 50M target.

Jim
Jim B

Bullet Trap

Post by Jim B »

That's an idea, but I don't have a welder. And it would need to be sort of mobile. Maybe I'll just stick to the 50ft trap for now.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, but I would think that if you have somewhere it's actually safe to shoot a .22, then you don't really need to bullet trap that bad. If the bullet has nowhere else to go besides the trap, or somewhere unsafe, I'd try and find somewhere new.

Now, if it's in a place where you'll be say shooting your barn if you miss and just don't want to fix bullet holes, then I'd start welding.

Good luck in whatever you do with this one.

Mike
Wichita KS

Re: Bullet Trap

Post by Guest »

The bigger the trap the less mobile it becomes. 50 meters is a fairly long building if shooting indoors.
Jim B wrote:That's an idea, but I don't have a welder. And it would need to be sort of mobile. Maybe I'll just stick to the 50ft trap for now.