High Pressure Hand Pump

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Favelini

High Pressure Hand Pump

Post by Favelini »

I have a a problem with my high pressure hand pump because it has a very small "o" ring out of order. The fact is i live in mexico and is very difficult to send the hand pump to u.s.a. I know the size of the "o" ring but i need to know the kind of material because it works with high pressure and friction.

Thanks
stratego

Post by stratego »

Hi.

You're not the only one having trouble with pumps. I don't know if yours is the same I had (Morini), but I've experienced some problems with smaller «o» rings. At the time, for several reasons I've decided to buy another pump.

The smaller «o» rings are very hard to find and it looks like they are made of silicone in order to stand higher temperatures. The best way of dealing with it is to get in touch with the factory and ask them to mail this parts to you.

Anyway the lesson I've learned was the slower you pump the longer it will function without trouble. Is just a matter of keeping the system cool.

Greetings from Portugal,
Stratego
Evia

Re: High Pressure Hand Pump

Post by Evia »

Favelini wrote:The fact is i live in mexico and is very difficult to send the hand pump to u.s.a.
Dear Favelini:

I'm at Mexico, too. Which is the brand of your pump? Hill? Steyr? Let me know. You may don't know that there are representatives for Hill and Steyr at Mexico who can help you. Send me an email to manuel_evia@yahoo.com

Kindest regards,
Ray Odle

handpump o-ring

Post by Ray Odle »

Viton o-rings should work. I use them in 10,000 PSI hyd systems.

I was just told that Viton is used by some air rifle repair companies.

Once installed use a little air rifle grease.

Ray