Rulebooks

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mikeschroeder

Rulebooks

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

At Rifle class, Tuesday night, I spoke with our Local Young Marines youth leader. The Young Marines is a cross between boot camp and Boy Scouts. He was at their National Convention and they discussed starting their own competitions. Ron said that they were starting their own rulebook. He was not amused and said that they should use CMP.

Starting Rant......

We need far fewer Shooting rule books. 3-position should be 3-position period..... I have a CMP book and an NRA which are similar. They should seriously consider combining those. The 4-H REALLY needs to consider what they're doing by having separate rulebooks, which they change yearly (it seems). I don't know who else has rules, besides the USAS, BUT one sport, one set of rules.

Ranting finished.

Mike
Wichita KS
Don

rule books

Post by Don »

Mike: I agree. I have at least 4 sets of rules just covering the int'l, 3-p rules and who knows how many for the other areas. There should be only two rule books for smallbore/air rifle for instance. One from the NRA and one with all the ISSF/USAS/College/etc rules covering all the international type shooting disciplines. Sure would make it easier to govern, and everyone would not have to comply with so many variations.