biofeedback devices

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Dave

biofeedback devices

Post by Dave »

Is anybody acquainted with GSR-based biofeedback machines? I'm looking into options to increase athletic performance and reduce stress at competitions - as well as in every-day life.

(I'm aware of the caveat that these devices are no magical panacea, and to be effective they must be used in combination with yoga-like meditation-relaxation techniques, mental re-framing, and visualization techniques.)

So far I've located two low-cost products which meet my criteria of operating either stand-alone or connected to a PC. I'm hoping somebody might be able to offer me advice on what to buy.

Post by Guest »

There's a relaxation technique that doesn't fall into the category of biofeedback AND you can use it during a match.

Take the thumb of your non-shooting hand and press it firmly on the side of the middle finger between the base of the nail and the first knuckle. Once you find the spot and you press firmly enough, you should feel your upper back, shoulders, and neck muscles shudder and relax.

If you really do want a biofeedback technique, find a quick-responding thermometer (mood cards and mood rings work too), hold it loosely between your thumb and index finger, and watch the temperature rise as you relax.