Leaha Wirth leaves USAS

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

in the news

Leaha Wirth leaves USAS

Post by in the news »

The Outdoor Wire has learned that Leaha Wirth, Director of Marketing for USA Shooting for the past three years, has resigned her position, effective September 17.

On September 20, Wirth will join Armor Holdings Accessories group as brand manager for B-Square, Speedfeed, Kleenbore & Break Free products (USA Shooting sponsors). Wirth has been widely recognized as having played a significant role in increasing both economic support from USA Shooting sponsors and the overall visibility of USA Shooting athletes. What, we asked her, led to the decision to leave USA Shooting?

"It was a combination of things," Wirth said, "I feel I've done all I can to help the athletes - and when it became obvious I couldn't protect and not sacrifice their interests, it was time to move on. This (Armor Holdings) is an opportunity that's been on my radar for quite some time. When they called me again in Athens, I gave it a lot of thought and ultimately decided it was time to make the change." Wirth says it's "neat" that Armor Holdings is a USA Shooting sponsor. That will, she says, enable her to maintain contact with the athletes she says have "changed her life" over the past three years. "These athletes," Wirth says, "are my champions and heros."

Due to the late breaking nature of this story, The Outdoor Wire attempted unsuccessfully to contact USA Shooting's top exec, Robert K. Mitchell. We were unable to do so, but an in-depth interview with Mr. Mitchell will be a featured story later this week.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/towIssue. ... &year=2004
ashooter

Erich Buljung is out too.

Post by ashooter »

Looks like a change at USAS.
Jay V

Re: Erich Buljung is out too.

Post by Jay V »

ashooter wrote: Subject: Erich Buljung is out too. Looks like a change at USAS.
When was that (Erich) announced? Have they found a replacement?

Jay V
IL
PETE S

Re: Leaha Wirth leaves USAS

Post by PETE S »

"It was a combination of things," Wirth said, "I feel I've done all I can to help the athletes - and when it became obvious I couldn't protect and not sacrifice their interests, it was time to move on. "

Curious comment, I wonder what it means. I personally thought she was profesional and doing a reasonable job; much better than anyone else has in a long time. Continuity would be a big help in the marketing position.
athlete fan

continuity

Post by athlete fan »

There has not been continuity for USAS in either marketing or media relations for way too long. I wonder why.
dumbfounded

Continuity

Post by dumbfounded »

Athlete fan: What's the one constant in the endless marketing and media relations turnover equation at USAS?
PETE S

continuity

Post by PETE S »

dumbfounded: dost thou refer to a particular person or dost thou refer to a systematic problem or dost thou refer to a particular personage creating a systematic problem?
JeffUIT

Re: Leaha Wirth leaves USAS

Post by JeffUIT »

in the news wrote:Wirth will join Armor Holdings Accessories group as brand manager for B-Square, Speedfeed, Kleenbore & Break Free products
That's novel. We sat next to each other over dinner at the last Coaches College. Talked at length about her past in the marketing department for other firearm firms, and the frustrations in pitching a product that has a very limited marketplace. Even had a laugh about her coming into the bad parts of Brooklyn, NY to talk to the guys at Henry Arms. From what I gathered, she was angling to get out of the gun industry altogether, perhaps heading into biopharms.

Well, at least it's a promotion, out of marketing and into product management.