What Happened to Emmons?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Even a bad loading block should cure that ;)

Don't most people lay out their 40 (or 60) shots ? If I shoot an odd number of shots in sighters I remove the odd ones to the back of the block so I have rows of 10.

Rob.
Donald McIntosh

Post by Donald McIntosh »

There are plenty of people who don't use a block at all. The ammo comes in good containers, and is kept clean, so the attraction of pushing every round into a wooden or plastic hole with who-knows-what in them has never really appealed!
deleted1

Cross Fire

Post by deleted1 »

Allright guys don't act as if this never happened to anyone else---it has happened to me both ways and I am sure a lot of you guys/gals out there in Disney Land have had this happen as well---as Emmons said "stuff happens"---regardless whether its the Olympics or the Annual Grinders Switch 600. We all look for the target number when we lift the pistol or rifle to shoot---it's my first chore to find my target----nontheless I put two 9's into my fellow competitors target in the Free Pistol trials for the Empire State Games----that can hurt losing 20 points----I was flabbergasted---that this could happen to ME!!!!! I have also been cross fired at Camp Perry as well as local matches---yeah you get ticked off---but once again stuff happens. Yes Major Mike did shoot 41 shots in the kneeling, and once again two of the most experienced shooters goofed in a manner you would not expect from shooters at that level---once again---IT HAPPENS----let it go. In hind sight it would have been nice to a see a Gold in addition to Silver in Free Rifle, given the shortage of American shooting medals. Something more annoying is that we did not even have a RF team as no one made the quota---that's of a greater concern to me. Once the shot leaves the gun----it's all over for that shot----go on to the next one as if it never happened.
JohnK

Camp Perry

Post by JohnK »

Bob!
You weren't the guy I cross fired on during the .22 phase of the preliminary matches at Perry in '90 I hope!
:-)
JLK