Front sight

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

kschoenlein

Front sight

Post by kschoenlein »

I'm new here, looking forward to good information. I'm curious as to what front sight most competitive shooters use. ie. post, cross hairs, circle etc. Thanks in advance for input, Ken
Val

Post by Val »

There ain't no such thing as just crosshair.
There are aperture (ring) sights with lateral bars or crosshair, but they are still aperture.

Practically everybody uses the aperture sights of various diameters (better too large than too little, as it has been said million times already), because theoretically and practically they are "better" for most people.

It should be noted, however, that the current Final World Record holder in 3P, R. Debevec, uses post sight.

Which one works better for you you need to find out for yourself. (this applies to almost every aspect in shooting).

Post by guest »

Val wrote:Practically everybody uses the aperture sights of various diameters (better too large than too little, as it has been said million times already), because theoretically and practically they are "better" for most people.)
Ahem ... some events REQUIRE post sights
Val

Post by Val »

Ahem... the question does not apply for those events. I mean you don't decide between an RF pistol, a free rifle and a shotgun for an air rifle event that requires the use of an air rifle.
xtreme

Re: Front sight

Post by xtreme »

kschoenlein wrote:I'm new here, looking forward to good information. I'm curious as to what front sight most competitive shooters use. ie. post, cross hairs, circle etc. Thanks in advance for input, Ken
I think you may have to be more specific as to the match/event and whether its pistol or rifle.
The posts above already show the confusion.
May all your shots be "10's"