2005 Rules

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

2005 Rules

Post by David Levene »

Here we go, it looks like these are the Main Rule Changes for 2005
David Levene

Re: Not changing the target is somewhat a surprise...

Post by David Levene »

Stan Pace wrote:Do you have any thoughts about why the target changes didn't occur?
Your guess is as good as mine Stan.

It does seem a shame though as I feel that the smaller aiming mark with the same size scoring rings would have increased accuracy.

My compliments to the ISSF though. OK we will have to wait for the full rule book but at least they have told us the main changes.

The interesting ones for me (as a pistol shooter) are:-

Rapid Fire will change to Standard Pistols and controlled ammunition.

No change to the Rapid target.

Only 1 allowable malfunction in Standard, 25m (Sport) & Rapid.

On a non-allowable you only get the shots fired.

Increase of 50% in the minimum target lighting for Air Pistol.
David Levene

Re: Velocity?

Post by David Levene »

Stan Pace wrote:There may have been a posting previously about this, but will most of the current 22 LR ammo (except subsonic) meet the new velocity standard?
I have been told that the vast majority of target ammunition will be OK in the vast majority of Standard Pistols (if that helps).
sharpshooter

Blinders

Post by sharpshooter »

Is the new blinder size only for world cups, or is it for all sports that can use them?
David Levene

Re: Blinders

Post by David Levene »

sharpshooter wrote:Is the new blinder size only for world cups, or is it for all sports that can use them?
For use wherever full ISSF rules apply. It would be up to match organisers to declare that the blinder rules will NOT apply, otherwise they will (and have done since January 2004).
wai

Side Blinder for Air Pistol

Post by wai »

It seem like with the new rule, Side Blinders are only allow on the side of the non-aiming eye. I am curious as to why it is so, is this so that the TV camera can see the eyes of the shooters better ?
David Levene

Re: Side Blinder for Air Pistol

Post by David Levene »

wai wrote:It seem like with the new rule, Side Blinders are only allow on the side of the non-aiming eye. I am curious as to why it is so, is this so that the TV camera can see the eyes of the shooters better ?
Side blinders are allowed on both sides. Nothing in the rules published to date changes that.
David M

Malfunction rule

Post by David M »

I wonder why the Centre Fire was not mentioned in the malfunction rule changes.
David Levene

Re: Malfunction rule

Post by David Levene »

David M wrote:I wonder why the Centre Fire was not mentioned in the malfunction rule changes.
If you can pick up any extra information in the next few weeks I am sure we would all appreciate it David.

Have a good Games.

Post by Guest »

The rules are mind numbing.
Alex L

2005 Rules

Post by Alex L »

Thanks for the information on the new rules.
A few questions seem to have been left unanswered :-
1)What is going to happen to the R/F Shorts that are still on the market?
2)What will be the new International qualifying scores for the "new " event, and the grading system?
3)Are ladies and men going to shoot the same event, or will the ladies be graded differently?
4)Is the "Old R/F" event going to be called something different, or will it not be shot at all?
5)How will they test the ammo to make sure it fits in with their new requirements? (The box cover does not mean anything - you can put any ammo in any box!!)

Personally, I think the ISSF has made a huge mistake with this, as it will prevent, rather than encourage shooters to participate in R/F.
Alex L.
David Levene

Re: 2005 Rules

Post by David Levene »

Alex L wrote:1)What is going to happen to the R/F Shorts that are still on the market?
2)What will be the new International qualifying scores for the "new " event, and the grading system?
3)Are ladies and men going to shoot the same event, or will the ladies be graded differently?
4)Is the "Old R/F" event going to be called something different, or will it not be shot at all?
5)How will they test the ammo to make sure it fits in with their new requirements? (The box cover does not mean anything - you can put any ammo in any box!!)
1) The values of 22 Short pistols will plummet.
2) We will know the new MQS's when we see the full rules.
3) There is no indication in what we have seen that ladies will shoot the newly modified event, just as they did not shoot the old event.
4) The old event may continue at local level but it will certainly not be part of the ISSF circuit, it will no longer be an ISSF event.
5) I would expect them to use a chrono and random testing.

Just my personal opinion, no inside information.
sparky

Post by sparky »

The rule changes have already led to at least one more person shooting rapid fire (me). Being able to use my Pardini SP makes life a lot easier.
David M

Re: 2005 Rules from the Horses mouth

Post by David M »

David Levene wrote:Here we go, it looks like these are the Main Rule Changes for 2005
Talking today in Athens, these are a summary of changes that are not complete and possibly should not have been published yet.
The comittee is still going through the changes in detail (and have not reviewed the final pistol rules yet, maybe by the end of the week).
The malfunction rule may be common to all matchs and one per each detail half.