TV, the Olympics, and your phone call

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Spencer C

TV, the Olympics, and your phone call

Post by Spencer C »

Instead of waiting until the Olympics and THEN complaining that there is no / not enough coverage of the shooting events, why not phone your TV station or cable provider NOW and ask when the shooting coverage is scheduled, and what coverage is to be given.

Ask pertinent questions (what coveraage of your favourite event/s at the qualification round as well as the Final; how many hours total for shooting; what time the coverage will be screened...).

Be polite, but do not accept the answer that there is no/limited coverage available - all Finals go out live, it's a matter of whether the channels choose to pick up the shooting coverage.

Most people will be lucky to get any coverage of the Fiinal for the first medal of the games - a few seconds of the awards ceremony is more likely; but there will be countless hours of the swimming heats...

Worth a try.

Regards to all,
Spencer

Post by Guest »

Excellant idea Spencer, lets see what we can, what do you say Board?
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

I think this an excellant idea, and just to throw the gauntlet down, I would ask that each of you readers take time to call NBC (or whoever the OLympic affialiate in your country is) and do just what Spencer said.

and then come back here and post that you did so. And yes I will do so myself.

all folks, lets get out there.
Scott
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I contacted the CBC. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Jim B

Shooting on TV

Post by Jim B »

Aaccording to USA Shooting, the most comprehelsive Olympic shooting coverage in history is planned on the NBC networks and nbcolympics.com, with shooting featured on Bravo, MSNBC and
CNBC. NBC wouldn't put shooting on their regular broadcast station, would they, but I guess it's better than nothing. Check out USA Shooting's Web page http://www.usashooting.com/news/NewsView.cfm?id=201 for more info.

Jim