federal ammo

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

tim s

federal ammo

Post by tim s »

Morning, can anyone tell me what grades Federal sell, or sold as i have heard that they no longer make any, their Gold Medal .22" ammo in?

thanks

Tim S

Exeter UK
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Federal discontinued their 900 product line. 711B and whatever they call off-spec product seems to be it for the moment.

Post by Guest »

Anyone familiar with the quality of the 711B sold by the Civilian Marksmanship Program (USA) ?
tim s

Post by tim s »

I'm sorry but I don't understand the number code that Federal use. I acquired at what seemed a good price federal premium Gold Medal Target. What are the opinions on this? friends have rated Gold Medal Match highly, but I don't know how target compares to Target. Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific when asking my original question.

thanks

Tim S

Exeter, UK
AlaskaKate

Federal

Post by AlaskaKate »

Ive been using federal 7-11b for about a year and it seems to be what my guns like. Nothing else shoots quite as well through my ans 2012.
seemehaha

federal ammo

Post by seemehaha »

i used to use federal ultra match for matches, and federal target (i think that's the same thing as 711B) for practice. it worked well for me in my anschutz 1912. i got word that they were going to discontinue making it, so i switched over to eley black for matches and eley white for practice. it works just as well, but i have to clean my barrel every couple of bricks and my action after every time i shoot.