High Noon Competition

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Alex L

High Noon Competition

Post by Alex L »

I have been shootong the High Noon competitions all year, and enjoying it.
My wife is also entering the 40 shot Air Pistol match. However, she is the only Lady shooter, I think, and I wonder that if the section was broken into 2 parts - Ladies and Mens 40 shot Air P. - would more ladies enter it?
I would like to hear the Ladies view on this?
(By the way - I am Not sexist!!! I just feel that the ladies may have a fairer competition, and more of them might have a go).
Alex L

Post by guest »

Just out of curiosity, why is there an AP40 for men?
Dan Hankins

AP-40

Post by Dan Hankins »

My understanding of the concept of the High Noon Competition was a kind of informal competition to augment or as an alternative to more formal competitions. The original rules were not gender specific, in the spirit of the compettition. There are contest at the top of the class and in the middle and even the botom, amoung folks that have met as a result of this competition.

I don't object to a separate women's AP-40. I do not, however, want to loose the host due to added time and effort to keep the competition going. I have seen women enter AP-40. Not a lot of women enter, but I am not sure this is due to their not having a separate class. There is no prize for winning. Women may want to enter, to show that there is sufficient interest to add another class. If one woman enters, then she is the winner of the Women's AP-40.

I have seen several postal matches dissapear from the web because it took too much time for the host to continue the competition. I would hate to loose this competition for that reson. On the other hand if it would bring more shooters that would be great.

We know that there are women that are capable of out scoring most of the men that enter AP-40. But they don't enter. In such a match I don't see that men come with any automatic advantage over women as far as physical abilities.

I am done rambeling now.

Respectfully,
Bubba
Husker Nation

Maybe "Mark" could...

Post by Husker Nation »

have an article in the Lincoln paper or on CNN?
MarkR

Why Stop There?

Post by MarkR »

Perhaps I will just have my own HBO special? (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Actually the publicity has come to me, not me seeking it out. It is a result of my training area (in the house - no big deal) and the fact that I teach in a liberal arts area in a public school. I just do my best to turn it into a postitive spin for our sport.

I really hope that no one else calls!

Mark