Rika and USB ports

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rika and USB ports

Post by Guest »

Alas, my laptop with the nice 9-pin serial port has died and the new models are almost all USB ports. I know there were threads on this many moons ago, but what success has anyone had with hooking a Rika up via a USB port. Thanks in advance.
Al
Warren

USB Adapter

Post by Warren »

If you're using Windows XP most serial-USB adapters will not work. The one brand that seems to be compatible is Keyspan.
_trinity_

Re: USB Adapter

Post by _trinity_ »

Warren wrote:If you're using Windows XP most serial-USB adapters will not work. The one brand that seems to be compatible is Keyspan.
I bought a cheapo no brand USB-serial adapter from my local shop and it works fine. However, it does not seem to like to resume after the laptop goes into sleep mode. When that happens, I just reboot the machine, and on the next start up, it is okay again.

And yes, I am using Windows XP, on a Compaq Presario 710.

trinity

Post by guest »

i have tried with success connectland's usb to serial High speed adapter. It comes with cd with the nesecarry drivers for lots of OS. my OS is Win XP. their site i believw is www.connectland.net or www.connectland.com.au