Spring Selection Match at Ft. Benning on OLN

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

donavaneason

Spring Selection Match at Ft. Benning on OLN

Post by donavaneason »

I was at Benning and noticed that OLN was there filming everywhere in all the events. Any USAS personnel or anyone else know when they're supposedly broadcasting it? Thanks.
MarkR

OLN at Ft. Benning

Post by MarkR »

I was there as well for AP. Thought I saw the OLN people running around on Saturday morning during squaded training for AP. I do know that the Outdoor Channel (not OLN) was there on Sunday and Monday. The gal from Outdoor Channel told me that they were airing a full series on the Olympic Shooting Sports beginning early June and running up to the games in August. I thought OLN's "new" show, "Shooting USA" was going to air something on the trials as well, but not sure.

At any rate, it will be some nice exposure for our sport. Now if only the "major" sports channels would give us more acknowledgment, especially the sports other than trap and skeet.

Had a great time at the trials. Shot ok, except for 2 bad shots but enjoyed the experience.

Mark
John Zurek

Outdoor Channel . com

Post by John Zurek »

The Outdoor Channel will present a nine week series dedicated to the shooting sports of the Olympics in addition to several interviews of the athletes. The series will begin next week June 15th, check their website for showtimes www.outdoorchannel.com
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

John,
Do you know what the series is called - I can't see it listed. Also is it available via broadband to those of us without the outdoor channel ?

Thanks,

Rob.
Paula

Outdoor Life Network show

Post by Paula »

A 30-minute special on the All-Army Combat Shooting Championships aired on the Outdoor Life Network at 8:30 and 11:30 p.m. June 8; it will also run 7 p.m. June 10, 2 a.m. June 11 and 9:30 a.m. June 13. It was filmed at Fort Benning, GA, at the same time the Olympic Selection Matches were going on.
Paul - Denver

OLN TV scheduling

Post by Paul - Denver »

If in fact OLN is going to carry the Ft. Benning competition, they sure are being secretive about it.

There is absolutely no mention of it that I have been able to find on the programming guide. Nor did I have any luck using their search feature using any combination of terms like:

Benning
Air pistol
pistol

Anyone know what gives???
Paul in Denver

Post by Paul in Denver »

My last post should have read Outdoor Living Channel and not OLN.
Paul in Denver

Outdoor Channel v. Outdoor Life Network

Post by Paul in Denver »

JohnZ:

Based on a response I just received from Outdoor Channel - they have not and will not be covering any events at Fort Benning.

They suggested that it is probably the OLN (Outdoor Life Network) that is providing that coverage - not www.outdoorchannel.com.

You can reach Outdoor Life Network at: www.olntv.com

I searched the OLN site and still cant find any mention of the coverage so I filled out a feedback form. I'll let you know if I can track down the programming we are all looking for.

<<A feedback form was submitted by:
Name: Paul
Address:
City/State/Zip:
Phone: 303 670-4179
Email: paul@figlialaw.com

Comments: I understand that your network has covered the Fort Benning air pistol championships and will air some of that footage in early June.

However, I see no mention of it in your programming schedule nor was I
able to get any information via your site search feature.

Can you provide any info??

RESPONSE:

Thank you for your interest in our channel Paul. The channel you are
trying to reach is OLN (Outdoor Life Network). We are The Outdoor
Channel and are in no way affiliated with OLN. However, if you are an
avid outdoorsman, you may want to check us out. We have some of the top hunting and fishing shows out there with the foremost hosts and experts in the field (like Ted Nugent, Jim Zumbo, Jimmy Houston and Michael Bane). If you would like further information on our programming, check us out online at www.outdoorchannel.com. We can also send you out a program guide with all of the shows and their times and information.

Thanks again for your interest Paul, we hope you find what you were
looking for.

We also have some great shooting shows, such as Shooting Gallery, Guns
and Ammo TV and American Rifleman.

Brent Swearingen
Affiliate Relations Coordinator
The Outdoor Channel
www.outdoorchannel.com
Paula

Shooting shows on OLN and TOC

Post by Paula »

Two different shooting shows, which were filmed at Fort Benning, are being aired on both The Outdoor Channel and the Outdoor Life Network.

 A 30-minute special on the All-Army Combat Shooting Championships aired on the Outdoor Life Network at 8:30 and 11:30 p.m. June 8; it will also run 7 p.m. June 10, 2 a.m. June 11 and 9:30 a.m. June 13.

 A nine-week series on the U.S. Olympic Rifle, Pistol and Running Target Olympic Shooting Team is scheduled to air on the Circle of Honor television show on The Outdoor Channel starting the week of June 15. The first episode is set to air June 15 at 6 a.m., June 16 at 5:30 p.m., June 17 at 1:30 a.m. and June 18 at 8 p.m. The three-week series on the U.S. Olympic Shotgun Olympic Shooting Team aired on the Circle of Honor television show on The Outdoor Channel in April and May.