300m

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Spencer C

300m

Post by Spencer C »

Requestin recommendations on bullet / twist / cartridge for 300m ISSF rifle. I have a couple of actions lying around and I am thinking of building up a 300m rifle.

Preliminary thoughts run to the 6BR, but I would welcome the thoughts of others.

Regards
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Spencer: If you don't get any answers here check out the florida highpower forum. I can't remember the address but if you search "florida Highpower" on google you will find it. There is a decent amount of discussion and interest in 300m there. Several of the guys go up to Ft. Benning and shoot 300m there. Personally I wish it was more popular- sounds like fun to me.
Bob Foth

300m

Post by Bob Foth »

Hi Spencer,
I had great success with the 6 BR and then the 6 Norma BR(even better), including high score at WCH team day in '98 and some National Championships. Relatively easy to shoot even though all my training was .22.
Bob Foth

Post by Guest »

Definately go with the 6BR that is the caliber we use at the AMU and have had better luck with that then anyting else. Thats the caliber we used to set a new team slow fire record at CISM in 2001. The 6BR has very little recoil and is great in the wind. Not to mention you can get a lot of shots through the barrel before needing a new one.