Activity Level With New Format?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Steve Swartz

Activity Level With New Format?

Post by Steve Swartz »

Hey Folks:

Is it just me- or has there been a drop-off in activity with the new format? Seems like there are fewer posts in general since we switched over- and a lot fewer for some folks.

I know the new format is more of a "hassle" for me (yes, Mr. Dial-Up), but this could just be a "personal problem."

Maybe it just *looks* like less activity because the forum has been sub-divided?

See you all at Benning next week!

Steve Swartz
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

In average
29.8 message/day from 02-Jun-2003 to 29-Feb-2004 (old format)
30.5 message/day from 01-Mar-2004 to 26-May-2004 (new format)
So number of posts is about the same...
Bob LeDoux

The New Format

Post by Bob LeDoux »

I am also on dialup. I used to visit the site every day. Now, its every other day. I check on the Shooters Lounge and Pistol sections. There is just more work in looking at the posts. The response time also appears to be slower.

I appreciate Scott's effort, and the unique data found here. So, I will continue to participate.
Steve Swartz

Activity Level

Post by Steve Swartz »

Shin: Thanks for the numbers- apparently my perception is just an illusion!

And Bob, my experience is similar to yours. My activity has dropped off due to the "It Sucks To Have Dialuop" factor with this format. But I also will stick it out of course; and I may eventually join the 21st century myself!

Steve
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Guys,
Might I suggest that you not check the actual forums, but actually look at the "View posts since last visit" page instead? It lists off all the topics which have had new posts since you last checked the site. It loads a lot faster than the forums pages will.