Flying with Morini CM162E

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MarkR

Flying with Morini CM162E

Post by MarkR »

I will be flying with my CM162E in a couple of weeks. I need to know how to demonstrate that the cylinder is empty, since this is the NON-removable cylinder and the only gauge I have is the one on my Gehmann pump.

What is the best way to empty the cylinder, not having a specific discharge tool.

Also, I plan to have it packed in an aluminum pistol case, locked and that to be stowed in my checked suitcase. Will this be acceptable? Thanks!

Mark
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

When I fly with an air gun I screw the fill adaptor into the cylinder and that demonstrates to everyone's satisfaction that it is empty.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

GOVTMODEL wrote:When I fly with an air gun I screw the fill adaptor into the cylinder and that demonstrates to everyone's satisfaction that it is empty.
I don't know if that works on the 162E but it certainly doesn't on the 162EI. The adaptor doesn't open the cylinder valve on the EI, you need to use the cylinder discharge tool.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

David Levene wrote:
GOVTMODEL wrote:When I fly with an air gun I screw the fill adaptor into the cylinder and that demonstrates to everyone's satisfaction that it is empty.
I don't know if that works on the 162E but it certainly doesn't on the 162EI. The adaptor doesn't open the cylinder valve on the EI, you need to use the cylinder discharge tool.
Dave,

I have a Steyr- works like a champ.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Unscrew the black aluminium cap off the front of the cylinder. Holding the front end of the cylinder firmly in both hands, press the protruding nipple of the fill valve against a hard surface (a stainless steel or formica bench is ideal. Any thing made of wood is probably not hard enough). Depending on how much pressure you have remaining in your cylinder, it may require a fair push, but eventually it will give way and the contents of the cylinder will escape with a blast.