Some Pictures: Athens' ISSF World Cup 2004

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Patrick Haynes

Some Pictures: Athens' ISSF World Cup 2004

Post by Patrick Haynes »

Hi folks.

I was fortunate enough to attend the 2004 Athens' ISSF World Cup in Athens, Greece. As a Canadian team official, I took the time to photograph and videotape a number of the sights and sounds along the way.

http://www.targetshooting.ca/awc_2004.htm

These are just some summary shots of the event and venue. No real commentary or rational behind them. I think that they just give a feel for what I saw at Athens'. There will be video and more pictures forthcoming.

This was an excellent vacation and I envy those who will be attending the Olympics.

Good shooting.
Patrick
deleted1

Pix

Post by deleted1 »

Nice pix Patrick, and thanks for taking the trouble to post these. I particularily like the views of the various stances of the FP & AP shooters--to see what's going around in the minds of the coaches re: stance theories. This helps me try "new" ideas as well as pass them on in coaching. As usual "what goes around comes around."
Patrick Haynes

Stance Studies

Post by Patrick Haynes »

Thanks, Bob.

That was actually what I was trying to do. I've been watching the pistol shooters and trying to see what they were doing stancewise. I thought that 3 views would give some clues. Then I mentally backtracked, thought which people I had captured in air, and tried to see if their stance varied much in free for men or sport for women.

Unfortunately, my understanding of rifle stance is poor, so that information probably isn't captured/presented as well. Its hard to present when you're not too sure what you're looking for. Regardless, I hope the pictures help.

I have a few hundred digital pictures to sort through, 100+ film shots, and then 5 hours or so of video. I'm interested in pre-shot, shot and post-shot routines as well. Hopefully, I can demonstrate some of those. Lastly, I was looking for any differences in training versus during the match. (There should be none, I would wager.)

With luck, I won't choke my server or burn out trying to wade through it all, trying to find something useful. *s*

Patrick
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks Patrick!

Great pics, looking forward to seeing more.

Did you see Cory there at all? Looks like he didn't shoot prone. Do you know why?

Adam
Patrick

Cory was there

Post by Patrick »

Glad you like the pics.

I always seemed to be elsewhere when Corey was shooting. I know that he was trying to get into the prone match, and was granted the opportunity when at the match. Whether or not he shot it, I couldn't say. I think David took a few shots of Cory.

Good hooting.
Patrick
Alex L

Athens World Cup

Post by Alex L »

Thank you, Patrick, for the excellent photos.
I have managed to view the videos of the finals on the Australian shooting site. Obviously it was well presented, but it only showed the fall of shot on the targets, and the score. There was no sound with it.

Your photos are so very clear. I wish I owned your camera!! :)
That very sad photo of the distraught shooter is one many of us can relate to - unfortunately. It really tells a story.

I look forward to viewing more photos of your trip in the near future.
Gratefully, Alex.