Shot Value in Finals?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Matt VDW

Shot Value in Finals?

Post by Matt VDW »

I understand the general concept of how the "finals" round of a match is supposed to work, and I've looked at the official ISSF rules at the ISSF website, but I'm still not clear on the specifics.

Is it only in the finals that shots are scored in tenths? Or is that scoring used throughout the whole match?

E.g., in a men's air pistol match, would the maximum qualifying score be 600 (60 x 10), or 654 (60 x 10.9)?
Spencer C

Re: Shot Value in Finals?

Post by Spencer C »

Matt VDW wrote:I understand the general concept of how the "finals" round of a match is supposed to work, and I've looked at the official ISSF rules at the ISSF website, but I'm still not clear on the specifics.

Is it only in the finals that shots are scored in tenths? Or is that scoring used throughout the whole match?

- Only the Finals are scored in decimal value (for electronic targets the sighters are given a decimal value as well)

E.g., in a men's air pistol match, would the maximum qualifying score be 600 (60 x 10), or 654 (60 x 10.9)?
- the qualifying score is on integer values, i.e. for a 60 shot match the 'possible' is 600