Pictures from Athens Olympic shooting range and Opening Cere

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ghostrip

Pictures from Athens Olympic shooting range and Opening Cere

Post by ghostrip »

I took some pictures from Athens Olympic range at Markopoulo and the opening ceremony. I couldnt take photos of the small show and the speaches as only approved photografers could, but there are some photos of the 10 meter range which was open at this time, a couple of the shooting complex from the parking and some of the athletes waiting for the opening ceremony (Italian girls are cute). Perhaps you will recognize your favorite shooters, although pictures have reduced quality (originals are about 1 MB each from my digital camera). I couldnt get to the other ranges as they were closed (there is one of the 10meter running target from the window as i was passing by) but you will see the closed room for finals on 10,25 and 25 meter events where the opening ceremony was held (targets of course are on a corner of the range). I hope i can visit all ranges as i will be there on Sunday (a girl from our club will be shooting 25 meter sport pistol and is the one on the pictures) but i will try to also go to 10 meter air pistol men and 50 free pistol (although skipping work will be difficult). Please post what you would like to see photographed from this World Cup.

Best regards from athens
Panagiotis papadeas

the page is

http://users.otenet.gr/~bm-ozpytx/index.htm

PS. when i will post new photos i will delete this ones as i have space for only 5 MB in my personal page.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

There's a glitch in those images so we can't see them :(
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

fixed

Post by Guest »

Still a glitch - cant see pix.
Southpaw

world cup pix

Post by Southpaw »

Can see pix just fine. Great job!

Southpaw

Post by Guest »

I can't see them either - do you have to load the Greek language set for the browser, maybe?

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to post pictures of the Athens venues. It's nice to have a shooting friend in Greece!

Post by Guest »

Yup, it's a browser problem. I can see them OK with Mozilla, but not at all with IE ver 6.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I can see the images with IE5.5,but not with netscape 4.7.
looks good,now that they have the power on! ;-)
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

I use IEexpoler 6.1 with all service packs and they show just fine.

The next bunch of pictures from AP60 Mens Final will come on a much more simpler page so all of you can see them.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Bruce I also believe it is going to be ok. Certenly there are things that are not complete like exterior plants and roads but building is there, up and running.
cleanshot22

Great Pic's

Post by cleanshot22 »

ghostrip,
What kind of digital camera are you using to get this clarity and what software?

Unable to see pictures

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I can't see them either - do you have to load the Greek language set for the browser, maybe?

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to post pictures of the Athens venues. It's nice to have a shooting friend in Greece!
You must have javascript enabled to see these pictures, and your browser must be javascript v1.1 capable. Older Netscape and IE versions will not work. Upgrade to newer Netscape (7.1 from netscape.com) or FireFox (mozilla.org). FireFox is small, fast, compatible and very secure.
Mako

Post by Mako »

Thanks ... but your picture are much too large ... thus taking up your precious space ... your picture should be size down ... to say about 22 by 28 cm and 72 dpi ... web picture don't have to be more then 72 (96 for Macs) dpi ... screens don't support any extra resolution ... it just goes wasted.

Take a look at your photo software ... you should be able to either Save To the Internet ... or just Save As ... where you can specify size and resolution ...
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mako wrote:Thanks ... but your picture are much too large ... thus taking up your precious space ... your picture should be size down ... to say about 22 by 28 cm and 72 dpi ... web picture don't have to be more then 72 (96 for Macs) dpi ... screens don't support any extra resolution ... it just goes wasted.
Indeed - though I wouldn't mind hosting a few of the better ones on the Irish target shooting site's photo gallery here. There are already a few photos of the Athens range up there from the ISSF and I think the last two came from ghostrip's page. (They're not fully accredited yet - I've been rather swamped here - but they will be before the end of the week).